Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been swimming between 1500/2000 a day, sometimes a little more. That, combined with elliptical and bike and very little running, got me through 2 injuries (messed up hip, then tiwsted foot), trying to finish my training for MCM and Richmond.<br>
I XT a LOT and am now having a hard time to define where I should stand on this last week of taper.<br>
Since my last 21 miler was about 5 weeks ago (and I had to stay off my feet for 2 weeks), I resumed running with very low mileage. My last LSD yesterday was a 10 miler.<br>
Can I keep swimming the same amount? How does that affect my glycogen storage? I will be doing just very light running, like 4 or 5 miles from tomorrow til Saturday before the race. I am cutting bike and elliptical down to 1/2 or 1/4 depending on how far I run.<br>
Any input appreciated. Thank you in advance.

·
Premium Member
5,027 Posts
Since in a typical taper you decrease your total running volume by x% per week ... what if you just do that but with decreasing your total cardio volume by the same %, going by either duration in minutes or distance in meters? Or you could look at a tri training program and see how it would decrease swimming during a taper for ideas.<br><br>
Maybe someone with more specific experience will chime in here. That's what seems to "make sense" to me -- I have no direct experience. Good luck!

·
Registered
18,642 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hey sister, tks for the reply... I thought about that % idea and it makes sense to me. I like your suggestion and will def check a tri taper...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts