Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

SuperFeet

2K views 11 replies 11 participants last post by  BigGahoona 
#1 ·
Anyone care to share their opinions on these shoe inserts? I'm wondering if I need them.

#2 ·
I love 'em.<br><br>
I was having foot and lower leg soreness and discussed this with an Ortho. I asked him if I might need custom orthotics. I have high arches and was also dealing with PF in both feet. He recommended them for my daily shoes (that I wear for 9-10 hours/day). I asked about them for my runners and he said he didn't recommend them if I was already wearing a stability shoe (which I do). BTW he is also a runner. I bought a pair of new Doc Martens and the Superfeet and haven't had a problem since. YMMV.

#3 ·
My podiatrist, (that made my orthotics) said there were good. She often used them for people who couldnt afford the custom orthotics. she also said that she was able to "adjust" them for people to customize them.<br><br>
I would guess if she would endorse them in that way, she felt they were good.<br><br>
I do have a pair that worked for me, but then I got orthotics and now use those instead.

#4 ·
I tried the green ones and they weren't enough support for me, but I apparently have the highest arches on the planet and not a lot of padding on the bottom of my feet so the fact that they are a harder insert didn't do me any favors either. I use these Arch Mold Maximum's I got at the running store--but I have to put them on top of the original insole that came with the shoe for additional impact protection on the balls of my feet. I tried just a metatarsal pad but can't do it because I can feel the edges of the pad and it bugs the hell out of me.<br><br>
Lisa

#5 ·
I always get a pair of Superfeet insoles with my running shoes - I never wear the insoles that come with the shoes. The ones I get are green and have the rigid arch support in them. I notice a significant difference with these inserts.

#7 ·
agreed!<br><br>
I got these after a bout with PF in some different shoes, and I've run pain free since. I wear brooks ariels.<br><br>
I'm considering the kind they make for dress shoes to wear at work since I can't afford as many pairs of danskos as I'd like.

#9 ·
Big G. I have the greens and I love them...<br><br>
By the way I see La Crosse in a few of your races... That is where i live.. if you live here as well then Three rivers outdoors carries them in stock and I believe they have a pair you can try in your shoes to fit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.