Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Morning Kicksters</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Changing up my normal routine, instead of my usual Sunday rest, I'm gonna head out for an easy run, probably around 5 miles.  Can't pass up a run when its 52* outside!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope everyone's college game day went well yesterday.  MIne did, even though we played a cupcake team.  No one's showin Tennessee any love this year, but I'd rather be the underdog...nuthin to lose!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good luck out there today</p>

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
<p>Morning...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>BBS - Enjoy those modest temps.  Hope you had a pleasant run.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Still a bit tired.  Going to do something today though.  We'll play it as it goes.</p>

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Planning on 5 easy miles, probably with DD in the BOB.<br><br>
BBS- you move to Alaska? Enjoy the change up.<br>
Dan - hope you get someting in.

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
<p>Mornin' gents,<br><br>
I'm having some breakfast right now, then it's time to go 20 in some beautiful weather. I love fall in DC, by far the nicest time of the year around here.<br><br>
Enjoy those runs and good luck to today's racers.</p>

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
<p>Good morning, just barely.  I went out for an easy six.  The change in the weather sure helps, but it was still a bit of a struggle at the end.</p>

·
Registered
434 Posts
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:arial;">Afternoon, folks...</span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;"> </p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:arial;">BBS - have a good run - not into college football too much (went to a D-III school), though I have been following Buffalo last couple of years in the MAC just for hometown interest.</span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:arial;">Dan - good luck getting the run in</span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:arial;">RA - Hope the half tomorrow is awesome!</span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:arial;">jd - nice job!</span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:arial;">Hawk - hope the 20 went well, and that Earl didn't leave too much wind over</span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:arial;">jebba -good job hanging in there with the 6</span></p>
<p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000;font-family:arial;">Me-  20.2 for me this morning.  It was 50 degrees at the start, up to mid-to-high 50s at the end.  Still a touch of humidity, but I was definitely not complaining compared to what we've had!  Running partner was going 16 and my plan was to go around 8:30 for the 16 and then I was going to do 4 solo at MP effort.   First 12 miles averaged 8:21, pretty close to plan.<span> </span> <span> </span>Midway through, RP decided to pick it up a bit towards the end and wound up taking off around mile 13.5.<span> </span> I decided to go along for the ride and 13 to 16 were 7:59, 7:47, 7:17 and 7:14.<span> </span> I still felt pretty good, though my breathing started to get a little ragged the last mile.<span> </span> <span> </span>Once on my own I decided to do 2 more at ‘MP effort’ then 2 easy. <span> </span>The MP ones wound up at 7:30 and 7:28, and then the last 2 were 8:05 and 7:47.<span>  </span> Probably the biggest negative split for a twenty miler I have ever done, gotta love the cool weather.<span>   Felt pretty good afterwards and had a yogurt smoothie and an ice bath (separately, wiseguys <span style="font-family:wingdings;"><span style="color:#000000;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">J</span></span></span><span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="color:#000000;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">)     </span></span></span></span></span></p>
<p> </p>
<p><span style="font-size:10pt;color:#000000;font-family:arial;">I was a little ‘aware’ of real slight hip/hamstring stuff during the the easy pace, but once I started going harder it either went away or I blocked it out.<span> </span> <span> </span>Still having the same radiating pain down my right leg sitting/driving, PT thinks it might be a nerve thing with a back disc so I am adding in some back stretching exercises and trying to focus more on posture. <span> <span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="color:#000000;"><span style="font-size:10pt;">3:20 still seems pretty daunting, but hopefully I will keep moving in the right direction the next few weeks, have a good taper and who knows.</span></span></span></span></span></p>
<p class="MsoNormal" style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="font-size:10pt;font-family:arial;">Hope the long weekend is going nicely for all!</span></p>

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
<p>Long run done, and my ass is officially kicked.<br><br>
Not sure of the exact distance but it was well over 20. My Garmin died with about 1.5 to go and I was already over 19 by then. DW biked with me the whole way which was nice and I really needed the support today.<br><br>
I tried to divide the run up into segments of roughly 4 miles each, going easier then harder. Felt fine through the first 3 segments, then after a bathroom/refueling break I stepped it up for another harder segment. After that I was toast. I hit the wall and the wheels started coming off. By the time the watch died I was already feeling queasy and running low on water. I shuffled home and not long after that came the walk of shame to the bathroom. Of course, after I got rid of everything inside me I felt much better.<br><br>
Not pretty at all, but 20.7 (?) in the books just the same.</p>

·
Registered
9,689 Posts
<p>Late day flyby.  Opted to sleep in and skip the fishbowl.  Church, then afterwards did the water outreach again.  I had planned for a long ride--around 80miles this afternoon.  However, son1 was too sick to join me.  Okay, maybe 60.  Got out there and just couldn't find my mojo.  Cut it short for only 54m.  Next weekend's century tour is gonna hurt!</p>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.