Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

Sunday, March 20th

696 views 9 replies 9 participants last post by  kfuller 
#1 ·
<p>Morning, all.  Can't sleep, so I watched the NYC Half-marathon online.  Kara finished 3rd.  First three women broke previous course record.  Gonna send Kara a congratulatory e-mail -- don't care what that restraining order says.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Skiing with some buddies this morning.  Will get out for some miles later -- not sure what.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good ones to all.</p>

#2 ·
<p>Rob- Tell Kara that a fellow creeper says "nice job" as well.  Good luck with the skiing</p>
<p> </p>
<p>RA- Good Luck today</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Wow. It kinda feels like a vacation not having to go back into work early tonight. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>No run for me today, but I have plenty to get caught up on to keep me busy.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

#3 ·
<p>Go Kara! She and Shalane kick butt.<br><br>
I was up early for some soccer, my cross training these days. Of a 60 minute game I played 55. and we have 2nd game this evening. I probably won't play as much tonight though,<br><br>
Shaping up to be another nice spring day here. Enjoy the skiing & running!</p>

#4 ·
<p>So, it was a wet, windy and wild HM in the "hills" of the far northwestern suburbs.  Temp was 40F but it was pretty windy, then the rain forecast to hold off appears immediately the gum went off... it was drizzle but slowly got worse.   I was going on 4 hrs of sleep two nights in a row and as such had forgotten my Garmin so just went by "feel" - mile1 was ~6:35 then I slotted in behind two women being paced by their racing team leader.  I guessed to a 1:30 finish.  Beat one of them.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I heard 19:55 @ miles 3.  My quads were not happy and I thought I was struggling but I focused on keeping with the ladies...  Mile 7 was 47:xx,  Mile 9 was 61 miles so I figured I was doing OK.  The biggest challenge is the mile 10 hill and a few others afterwards.  The course is like a compressed Boston.... I thought my quads were going to blow.  I regrouped and actually started to pick up the pace in the 12th mile and finished strong in 1:29:33 good for 87th place and 15th in my division.  Winner was around 1:10....  So, I beat my goal of 1:30. By that time it was a monsoon.  DW did not have a good race,  The wheels fell off at mile 9.  ITBS / knee pain... not good.  not good at all.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Hawk</strong> - nice job on the soccer (football)</p>
<p><strong>BBS</strong> - enjoy the rest</p>
<p><strong>Chances</strong> - nice job cyber stalking.  Hope you didn't ski into a tree thinking about Kara.  ;)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyone hear how Jill's 50k went?</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

#5 ·
<p>Jill's race is up on her blog.  She did fantastic, about six hours on a course that just looking at the pictures of hurts my legs.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>RA -</strong> Well done on the half!   It's six years since I ran that race but I remember the course well, that late hill is a killer.  </p>
<p><strong>Chances -</strong> have fun with the skiing.</p>
<p><strong>BBS</strong> - enjoy the well deserved rest.</p>
<p><strong>Hawk</strong> - good luck with the game tonight.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Oh, and I got a little over 15 in this morning from my house to the path and back.   Arranged it so I ran a bit with the group and stopped for about 5 minutes at the end of their run - about mile 9 for me - then trekked home with about 1.5 minutes of walking sprinkled in.   Silly me did not plan for the fountains being off, so no water, and the trip home was not particularly fun but happy to have done it.   It sprinkled a little bit at the end but I left just early enough to miss the heavier stuff.</p>

#6 ·
<p>Hi everyone.  I went out for a run with one of my buddies.  I usually run alot slower with him, so it's a nice recovery/chat time to cap off the week.  He said he wanted to do six, so I ran tthe .75 miles to his house and we started.  When we got to the turn around, he wanted to go a little farther.  Then he completely wore out near thee end and we walked about a mile or so.  In total, I did 9.75.  It wasn't hard or fast, but it's 80 degrees outside, so I am feeling worn out now.  I told the kids I'd go biking with them later, but I'm feeling pretty worn out.  Maybe we'll bike around the block instead of going all the way to the park.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm also supposed to do a weights workout today for p90x.  Oof.  That might get delayed.</p>

#7 ·
<p>Greetings.  Dreadmill running.  Dreadfully slow.  No complications.  4 "miles"</p>

#8 ·
<p>Don't you just hate it when the weather gets warmer but the fountains aren't turned on yet? Great job <strong>zrun</strong>!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>RA</strong>, nice job today. It can be so tough with bad conditions, and it sounds like it was a tough course. I hope your wife's ITB feels better in the next couple of days. I'm sure she's doing all the stuff she needs to be doing, but that never feels good.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Well, I don't know  ... <strong>I have a newly found respect for the ultra runners.</strong> That was so hard! 9800 feet of climbing over 31 miles is NOT easy. What am I saying? 31 miles is crazy. The final five miles were killer, and I have to say, running this 50k was WAY harder than any of my three marathons or any other race I've ever done. Any other run, period. Would I do it again? Yesterday I say NO WAY. Today ... probably. I have no pain in my legs whatsoever. How weird is that? Race report is here: <a href="http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/note.php?note_id=10150127424504344" target="_blank">http://www.facebook.com/home.php?ref=home#!/note.php?note_id=10150127424504344</a> (and on my blog.)</p>

#10 ·
<p>NIce job on the races Jill and RA.  I have a big rest day today.  Looked up some information on race week workouts and I am going to try one I found.  Hopefullly it will leave me primed for Saturday. A very fast mostly downhill 5k and I am hoping to beat my time of 20:00 from last year. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Nice job on all of the workouts and such today.</p>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.