Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Morning KIcksters</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Usual Sunday rest for me.  Back to work tonight, This stretch won't be as bad tho, I'll have to take off work Saturday to go to a wedding (also have a really cool 5K that morning that a lot of friends are going to), and then it looks like we may have some more downtime the last week of August. I'm not complaining.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good luck to those runs out there.</p>

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
<p>Morning...</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>BBS - How many hours a week do you work on average?  Enjoy that rest.</p>
<p>Kevin - Have a good one.  Keep celebrating that birthday.</p>
<p>Rob - You won't get hurt, you won't get hurt...</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Was really tired yesterday but had a great nights sleep and feel good this morning.  Best night I've had in ages.  One more day of W13R2 and then to the LAST walk run cycle!</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
My long run was blessed with a nice 70F, breezy and overcast morning. Finished with a little over 18 miles with the last 5 or so at m-pace or faster. Once home I discovered that I was spending the next 3hrs heading to Michigan with the crazy driving in-laws at the helm. Say a prayer for me....

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
<p>BBS - Ouch, that's a lot of hours.  Good for you for doing that and getting your running in.</p>
<p>RA - Glad it was cooler for your long.  Good luck with the in laws.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Legs were a little heavy but still best workout I've had since I started back. </p>

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
<p><strong>BBS</strong> -- Have a good rest day, and productive work week.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Kevin</strong> -- Rest up.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Dan</strong> -- Nice job on the great workout.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>RA</strong> -- Feel for you, brother.  Endure.  Great run! </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Me</strong> -- Family is heading to Sea World without me for the day.  Oh, whatever will I do, all alone, in this beautiful house by the sea?  Why, run 18 miles, of course.  And nap.   </p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
<p>Sounds like lots of good mileage is going down today. And rest for those who need it.<br><br>
Soccer this morning, not a game because the team we were playing forfeited. So we kicked around on our own but that only lasted 30 minutes. Unfortunately while were playing somebody came along and stole some stuff from a couple of players' bags. What buzzkill and yeah, mean people suck.<br><br>
DW and I may go for a ride later since we didn't get our planned soccer fix.</p>

·
Registered
434 Posts
<p>Hey all,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>BBS - rest up... sould like you will need it</p>
<p>kfuller - same for you, hope your legs freshen up today</p>
<p>RA - great job on the 18, have a good drive to Michigan... hopefully it's a big car you can stretch your legs in :)</p>
<p>Dan - awesome that you are capping off you comback with good runs</p>
<p>Chances - have a great Pacific long run!</p>
<p>Hawk - too bad about the soccer game & sux that someone would do that, hope you get a fun ride in anyway.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I got through 10 of a planned 20 before the hamstring flared up.    Wound up walking 2 miles back to the start, where I met up with someone else who had cut their run short and commiserated for a bit.   Walking was pain free, and I spent 60 minutes later in the morning reacquainting myself with the elliptical machine who I'll be getting to know real well this week.   Well, still 9 weeks left to Chicago so I won't panic just yet.</p>

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
<p>Got in the evening ride on the trail near home with DW after all. I worked out well as we ended up waiting out the heat of the day and rode as the sun went down with a fairly nice breeze even blowing off the nearby stream. 10.2 miles total...it wasn't fast but that was just fine with me. It was the perfect type of recovery workout for me after yesterday's 16 miler.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Tomorrow's a planned off day, but we'll see...if I feel good enough I just may do an easy 5 or so before cranking it back up to marathon level training on Tuesday.</p>

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
<p>Thanks Kevin.  I really appreciate it.  It's been quite a ride. </p>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.