Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Wow, not gonna see me making threads too often, but perhaps that'll change once school starts. Short night of sleep because of post-race festivities, and off to go do my long run. Solid first week of the season, the team is looking half-decent after losing 2 strong front runners from last year. I had a decent time trial and ended up 15th on the team, so I easily made it, but like I said before, I'm going to sit this season out to get lots of training for track in under my belt. Looking forward to getting as much uninterrupted training as possible.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have a great day!</p>

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
<p>Good morning, everyone.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hi, <strong>Alex</strong>.  Great job on your time trial and rejoining the team.  Don't get too comfortable going in circles, though -- there's a talented marathoner in you, I'm sure.  :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Me</strong> -- 18 after Coffles(TM) settle.  Still licking my wounds after yesterday's awful attempt at a time trial. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good ones to everyone.</p>

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
<p>Morning <strong>Alex</strong>. Hope the season treats you well.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Chances-</strong> I havn't 'officially' started my thon training yet, but I am kinda ramping up for it.  I think I still need to make some adjustments to my schedule.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Rest day for me, and much needed after yesterdays trail of Death run.  Quads/Calves deffinatly feeling it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good luck out there today</p>

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<p>Playing it cautious today...shins aching a bit more than normal, so I called it good after 9 mins. Now sitting on the couch with elevated legs and ice packs. Definitely no reason to shoot for some record running streak and be stupid 5 months out from my training focus.</p>

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
<p>Morning...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Alex - Congrats on the team and good choice on the 9 mins and ice.  You didn't respond to Robs nudge about marathons.  What do ya think?</p>
<p>Rob - Is that TM official or is some legal trickery?  Hope the 18 goes well.  Guess this mean the heels are doing ok, eh?</p>
<p>BBS - Rest dem weary legs.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Crap sleep and a little sleep deprived hung over.  Working on some coffee to clear the cobwebs.  Would try some coffles but now I'm afraid of being sued. </p>

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
<p>18.75 glorious miles.  Or not.  No wildlife, well other than being run off the trial by hoards of HS girls out for XC practice.  Worse things have happened </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Chances</strong> - one shitty workouit does mean a lot.</p>
<p><strong>Alex</strong> - nice job.  Looking forward to a great season from you.  No pressure.</p>
<p><strong>BBS</strong> - trial of death?  Cool.  Rest up.</p>
<p><strong>Dan</strong> - coffles (TM or not), do it.</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
<p>RA - Every day another adventure.  Hoards, herds...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>45 minutes.  Very slow and will probably pay tomorrow.  Added a long incline that I haven't done since I had to stop which led to more minutes than intended.</p>

·
Registered
434 Posts
<p>Hi all, I took yesterday off with just a little biking at my 8 year old's pace in preparation for long run this morning.   Had it all planned out to get up early and do a mixed roads / trails route that would have me running with the group for a few miles and then get to the end of a local 10k trail race in time to see people finish.   Well, the best laid plans and all that.   My alarm for some reason did not go off and I woke up 45 minutes late.   So I wound up crossing paths with the group and saying hi, and ran miles 4-5 of the 10k race with the back of the pack as my miles 18 and 19.   At that point I was pretty spent and mostly walked it in.    Had a decent enough run at least for first 14 averaging 8:05, then last 5 were 8:13, 8:22, 8:52, 8:56, 8:55 as the combination of heat (I really wish I had gotten out 45 minutes earlier) and bit-too-fast early pace got to me.   Legs felt fine as far as hamstring/hip stuff, but feel stiffer and more depleted than usual; I did have a nice ice bath afterwards.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Alex</strong> - Way to go with the time trial!  Good luck with the training this fall, sounds like a solid plan.</p>
<p><strong>BBS</strong> - I am right there with you... don't know about tomorrow at this point, maybe some ice and Aleve.</p>
<p><strong>Chances</strong> - Are you back from travelling?   That always take some out of me, maybe once your settled back home you can get a better read on things.</p>
<p><strong>RA</strong> - Nice long run, maybe that's what I needed for motivation at the end a girls x-country team :)</p>
<p><strong>Dan</strong> - Great job on the 45, may hurt tomorrow but you're doing great long term</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
<p>Hey all!  Sorry I have been MIA for a last week or so.  I post when I get a chance.  Just been busy with "life".</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I did a 5K last night at midnight and it actually went pretty good.  I didn't run all out but I did run comfortably hard and I think I faired better than if I would have gone all out.  A realatively tough 5K with some rolling hills.  Going into this race I didn't know how fast I wanted to run since my "A" race is next Sunday, but I figured it was a 5K and I could recover in a week.  I had a total time of 19:08 with splits of 6:16, 6:02, 6:21, and :26 (5:44).  The last mile is mostly uphill for the first 2/3 of the mile so I really did back off some, but was still passing people right and left.  I really didn't care about my overall time as long as I had a solid effort.  I actually surprised myself that I didn't "race" for the finish as I knew there were some peopl closing in on me.  I just kept it steady.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have a great day everyone.</p>

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<p>Dan - someday yes, but as for now 5k/10k still seems like a long race to me. Definitely will at least wait until I'm done with my eligibility.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Nice running and racing folks...sticky situation here...been hovering around 90 for the past few days....yuck! Looking forward to some cooler weather so I don't end up sweating while checking what you guys did for the day.</p>

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
<p>Nothing for me today.  Speed work for tomorrow and then running easy tues, wed, thursday.  Then a race on Saturday.  My son starts Kindergarten tomorrow, so it should be a busy day for me tomorrow.</p>

·
Registered
9,689 Posts
<p>Late post after a very long day.  Started with 3000m in the fishbowl.  Home long enough to drop off son1 and pick up son4 and headed to church.  After service son4 and I spent an hour handing out water to runners on the bike path as an outreach ministry.  Fun, but we BAKED in the sun.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Back home, dropped off son4 and picked up son1, and we headed out for a spin.  Good golly, IT WAS HOT!!!  Ride totally sucked.  Ended up drinking 5 large bottles of water and was still dehydrated.  49.xx miles.  One of our worst rides ever.  Made all the worse becaue we got lost.  One of those "don't worry Mom I know hwere this road goes" except, of course, he didn't... </p>
<p> </p>
<p>fuller--hubby and son1 will be in your neck of the woods this week.  They're out there for a rocket test.  Hopefully this one will go off!  Son1 might be looking for a running partner Wednesday morning.  Interested???</p>

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.