Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Morning peeps</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I had to go to a wedding last night so I took off work, thats why I get to post early today. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Regular old Sunday rest for me.  Got a lil soreness in my left hammie, but other than that my legs feel fine.  Oh, and I shorted myself a few seconds- official time was 21:25.  Not great, but I guess I'll take it in this heat.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good luck to those runs rests and workouts today </p>

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
<p>Morning...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>BBS - Early early my man.  Nice going on the time.  You can beat the other runners but not the heat.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Speaking of heat.  Warm, no, hot night last night and baaaaaaaaaaad night's sleep.  Will get out there but not sure how it's going to go.  Pretty zonked.</p>

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
<p>Hi, everyone. </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>BBS</strong> -- Great job on your 5K. </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Kevin</strong> -- Rest up. </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Dan</strong> -- Get on out there.  Make 'ya feel better. </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Me</strong> -- Out for 16 in the direct sun.  </p>

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<p>Kevin- enjoy the rest</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Dan- yea, I'm sure that run will pep things up for ya</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Chances- Nice goin on your 5K also.  I need to PM you about some help w/ my Marathon training this fall/winter.</p>

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
<p>Yeah, yeah guys.  It'll pep me up, make me feel better.  I do feel better that I did it but it's dang warm out there for us.  Glad tomorrow's a rest day.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>BBS - Have any Marathons in mind?  I'm hoping that if my progress continues that I can train for a spring one. </p>
<p>Rob - Coffles settled yet?  Half way through your 16 by now? </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Off to the ferry yet again. </p>

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
<p>I had planned on 14-16 but ended up doing 18 miles this morning.  I didn't make the Sunday group run as DD didn't sleep well, hence no one slept well.  So, solo run at 7am -  75F and 90% humiday when I headed out.   It was better after a few miles with shade a breeze in the forest preserve.  However, I was done by 15 and slogged the last few miles in the now 80F bright sunshine.  This training is killing me...</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Chance</strong> - nice job on the 5k.  Sounds exactly like the one I ran on Father's Day, except I was faster (by 4 seconds) ;)  Hope the 16 goes well.   </p>
<p><strong>BBS</strong> - take what the heat gives you.</p>
<p><strong>Dan</strong> - hope you get out and about</p>
<p><strong>kfuller</strong> - enjoy the day of rest.</p>

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
<p>Hey all,</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Another cross-training day for me due to soccer, though I'm not sure I will play much today. It's a pattern that's been developing the last couple of years. We play at a high competitive level in the fall and spring. Meanwhile I'm usually in training for some marathon. So as the elite players return from taking the summer off, my marathon training picks up...and my playing time drops. So it could very well end up being close to a rest day, which means I don't have to rest tomorrow. We'll see.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>kevin/BBS - enjoy the rest days</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Dan - busy guy. Hope you get something in</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Chances/RA - nice long runs. Sounds like we need to have a 5k challenge sometime. I think our PRs for this year are all within 7 seconds of each other. Of course I haven't been close to that time since...</p>

·
Registered
9,689 Posts
<p>Early morning in the fishbowl.  Usual 2500m.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>After 1st service, I joined a group from church to go to the bike path and hand out water.  Loved it!  But, we had to laugh at the number of people who were afraid there were strings attached to the "free water".  Nope!  Just a free bottle of cold water!</p>

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
<p><strong>BBS</strong> -- Anytime, my friend.  And wise choice choosing me over <strong>RA</strong>.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Dan</strong> -- How'd you know I had Coffles(TM) this a.m.?  Am I that predictable?  ;-)  Ferry safely. </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>RA</strong> -- Yeah, I thought you might bring that up.  :)  Nice job on the 18 in high humidity.  Please tell me that wanes by early October! </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Hawk</strong> -- Sure!  What'd be a nice meeting place for the three of us?  (Looks at map)  How about Vega$?  </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>4boys</strong> -- I'm sure.  Altruism's such a rarity these days.  Good for you.  And good job on the swim.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Me</strong> -- 16 went just great, despite the heat.  Averaged 7:39.  This was a nice cutback week of 60 miles.  Next week will be hell.  </p>

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
<p>Dan- Yes, I have decided on doing the St. Jude Marathon in Memphis.  Its Dec. 4th.  I needed something to keep me commited to running during hunting season this year.  Past 2 years I basically quit running in Oct. and curse myself when I try to ramp back up in January w/ no speed what so ever.  This will be my 1st marathon. (gulp)</p>

·
Registered
434 Posts
<p class="MsoPlainText" style="margin:0in 0in 0pt;"><span style="font-family:'Courier New';"><span style="font-size:9pt;font-family:arial;"><span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="font-size:9pt;">Hey all,</span></span></span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:'Courier New';"><span style="font-size:9pt;font-family:arial;"> </span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:'Courier New';"><span style="font-size:9pt;font-family:arial;"><span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="font-size:9pt;">The plan this morning was 4 miles on the treadmill + 2hrs elliptical.  The hamstring was uncomfortable starting out on the treadmill, but manageable and didn't seem to be getting worse.  Then, at 20 minutes (about 2.1 miles), I reached for my water bottle and something in the hamstring seemed to 'catch' and gave me a painful jolt, so I stopped.  After 65 minutes on the elliptical, I decided to give it another go.   This time I made it 2.1 miles in 20 minutes without sever pain.  Then another 65 minutes elliptical, feeling like I had sponges on my feet.   So I wound up with a little over 4 miles of running and stopping of my own accord, a small victory.</span></span></span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:'Courier New';"><span style="font-size:9pt;font-family:arial;"> </span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:'Courier New';"><span style="font-size:9pt;font-family:arial;"><span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="font-size:9pt;">Afterwards, they had a kids version of the Bikram yoga class that was 30 minutes and about 90 degrees, so I took my boys.   It was fun for them, especially since the teacher was kind of giving it to me about my lack of flexibility</span></span> <span style="font-family:wingdings;"><span style="font-size:9pt;">J</span></span><span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="font-size:9pt;">.</span></span></span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:'Courier New';"><span style="font-size:9pt;font-family:arial;"><strong><span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="color:#333333;"><span style="font-size:9pt;">BBS</span></span></span></strong><span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="color:#333333;"><span style="font-size:9pt;">, <strong>kfuller -</strong> Enjoy the well earned rest.</span></span></span></span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:'Courier New';"><span style="font-size:9pt;font-family:arial;"><strong><span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="color:#333333;"><span style="font-size:9pt;">Dan, RA</span></span></span></strong><span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="color:#333333;"><span style="font-size:9pt;">- Same here with bad sleep, DS was coughing all night.     Way to get out there in the heat.   Great job with 18 RA, yesterday at the health club there was a woman finishing up 18 on the treadmill to avoid the heat.</span></span></span></span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:'Courier New';"><span style="font-size:9pt;font-family:arial;"><strong><span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="color:#333333;"><span style="font-size:9pt;">Hawk</span></span></span></strong><span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="color:#333333;"><span style="font-size:9pt;">– good luck w/ the soccer/rest, whichever it is</span></span></span></span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:'Courier New';"><span style="font-size:9pt;font-family:arial;"><strong><span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="color:#333333;"><span style="font-size:9pt;">4boys</span></span></span></strong><span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="color:#333333;"><span style="font-size:9pt;">– nice swim, that’s funny about the water,</span></span></span></span></span></p>
<p><span style="font-family:'Courier New';"><span style="font-size:9pt;font-family:arial;"><strong><span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="color:#333333;"><span style="font-size:9pt;">Chances</span></span></span></strong><span style="font-family:arial;"><span style="color:#333333;"><span style="font-size:9pt;">– great job on the long run!  Last year, Chicago started in the mid 30s.   Hopefully, it will be 40s-50s the whole way this year.   We deserve it after this summer!</span></span></span></span></span></p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
<p>Only 24mins yesterday as I never got anything once we headed up to northern WI to hang out at a cabin with another family for the weekend. Still, so much fun, so no regrets. 35mins easy with one of the boys we stayed with, and hopefully ~10 after supper.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Great weekend long runs folks!</p>

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.