Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
13,640 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well to quote Snoopy the author:<br><br>
"It was a dark and stormy" morning. I woke up to the sound of rain pounding the roof of my house. I had an 18 miler planned and I groaned at the thought of running that far in the rain. After several rounds of hitting the snooze button I dragged myself out of bed, got dressed, tracked down my garmin and headed out in the rain. Luckily it wasn't really cold or else I would have just turned around and went back inside.<br><br>
I plodded along and finally at about mile 6 or 7 the rain stopped. The rest of the time i got to listen to my garmin beep at me as I had it set to remind me if my pace got to slow. I was really starting to hate it. I made it ot the halfway point where i had stored a water bottle the night before and lo and behold it was still there. The last time I did this it got stolen. I ate the gel pack I had stored with the water and headed back. My watch was beeping and I was just pounding the pavement in the dark.<br><br>
The wife and kids passed me about 2 miles from the house on their way to church and I waved to them.<br><br>
I finished up with no kind of kick but I was fine with that. Overall it was a good long run. 17.61 total miles with a total running time of 2:34:16 and if you take out the 3 water stops I made then I ended up with a 2:32:01.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts