Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,821 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Morning everyone!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>DOR here for me...spending the afternoon w/the extended family at my mom's - COOKOUT!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>~34 mile ride done yesterday w/DH - HILLY!!  need to keep that one in mind for next year's training.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Make it great!</p>

·
Registered
8,915 Posts
<p>Good morning, TEAM LIT!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sluggish morning for me due to long run and marathon session of house/yark work yesterday, but still up early...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1:30 hour easy romp through trails of a nearby state forest. Got lost but, never being too far from roadway, I was able to find a way out, traverse back on roads I knew, and then re-enter trails I knew. Was hoping to get an hour and a half and, thanks to the "little" diversion, I got that. Right knee still is unstable going down more steep technical trails. At about 1 hour in, coming out of signle track I came upon this wider trail, and right at an intersection with another wider trail was this large black animal. It took my startled brain a few seconds to realize that it couldn't be a black bear, for we don't really have those around these parts, that it was just an oversized dog. It gave me pause. Pretty funny actually.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Great day, Tri-peeps!</p>

·
Registered
8,117 Posts
<p>Hah, Thor!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I jumped about a foot this morning when this "animal" snuck up behind me just as I  crossed the RR Tracks on my route....except...it was just my own shadow.  What our brains do to us in the mornings.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I was due to get 15 in today, but about a quarter of a mile in to the first of my loops, I managed to step on a piece of construction debris from a new house project and roll my ankle.  Stopped, wiggled it around a bit, tested it, and decided to keep going.  The last 2 miles, though, it started to feel a little "burny" and bruised......so, I skipped the 2nd loop.  I was planning on splitting the run, but am now just thinking of trying again tomorrow morning since it's the holiday and all. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Too bad, too....... truly awesome running temps.....all in the 60s, and a very short foray into the upper 50s.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Crossing my fingers that they will hang around for tomorrow again.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I still think that this cool spell is just a tease, and the temps haven't truly broken yet for the summer. </p>

·
Registered
1,153 Posts
<p>Stitcher - that's so funny! Yeah...morning running brain. Not for the faint of heart. :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>11m run with Hahaoya this morning (she did 16, so I joined her after her initial 5). Did a pretty hilly route with 1200 total feet of climbing - not too shabby.</p>

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
<p>Brick...63 minutes on the bike and 32 min on the run.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Super nice weather out!</p>

·
Registered
3,987 Posts
<p>Wonderful weather here too!  I switched a run for a bike today.  So, easy 3miler today and a tempo effort on the bike tomorrow. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm less than 1 week out from my tri!</p>

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
4.75 taper run so ez with 6x15s hard efforts 58 min exploring the hills of new jersey. 50s was perfect

·
Registered
4,365 Posts
<p>Double session today, part of a 3 runs in less than 36 hours workout.  Run #1 was at 11:00am: 8.5mi run along the Timberman route and run #2 was at 6:30pm: 5mi along the Timberman route.  Legs were a bit stiff for run #2 but loosened up by the first hill before the 1mi marker. </p>

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.