Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am running Steamtown again this year as it is the local marathon. I was just wondering if anyone else was planning on running it this year. I don't mind putting faces with names. Oh, and if I meet you, your pic becomes a target for my myspace. LOL<br><br>
Race on yo!

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
I'm running Steamtown.<br><br>
I'm curious to know more about the hills -- both the initial descent in mile 1-6 and also the hill in the 26th mile.<br><br>
Thanks.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LOL The downhill messes up your back, but I did not feel it until the next day. My back was swollen for two days afterwards.<br><br>
The whole thing that got me up the last hill, was knowing that the finish line was two blocks away from the top. Once you see Cooper's, you are golden, whatever is left, use it to get over that hill and it is all downhill to the finish.<br><br>
Oh, and I hope you like the Notre Dame Fight Song...<br><br>
I can run to the start line from my house, I run a piece of the course everyday.

·
Registered
12,188 Posts
I've run it twice and it's a great course. the first mile is the steepest descent then the rest is easy peasy as long as you control your pace. The climb at 24 messed up my final pacing a bit but I still ran my best two marathons on this course. The cool weather is a bonus too and it is really pretty including the rails to trails section.<br><br>
Oh and I have my PR there too.<br><br>
It's very well organized......I'll be back one of these years.

·
Registered
5,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Oh yeah. The local cross country kids hide in the trails. So don't be to surprised when you come around a corner in the woods and see a bunch of cheering kids. We are using what they consider to be their school's cross country course. They are not shy and will tell you that they want to be you. They will not come out on the course, but they will probably be there in the woods yelling for you.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts