Kick Runners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<p>I'm looking for some advice from more seasoned runners on a good pair of running shoes. I'm a female, 5'6", 130 lbs, high arches, neutral to mild underpronator. Some shoes I've heard mentioned are the Asics Nimbus & Cumulus, Brooks Glycerin, Saucony Ride & Launch. I have an old pair of Adidas Response TR-X shoes that I loved and have worn the tread through and I don't think Adidas makes these anymore. I currently run in Saucony Grid Excursion TR-4's but these aren't holding up very well (sole is starting to come unglued).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I GREATLY appreciate any advice.</p>

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
<p>I too have high arches and a rigid foot and underpronate. I have ran in nimbus, glycerins, nike vomeros and new balance 1060's.  recently switched back to the nimbus which I had worn for quite a while and then wanted to try something new.  I liked the glycerins too but did not care for the vomeros or the 1060's and would never spend $$ on them again.  the nimbus are by far my favorite and love the cushioning in them and they have always held up well.</p>

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
<p>weird -- posting probs.  see post below. </p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
5,709 Posts
<p>Working in a local running store, I'd say go to your local store and get fitted.  Since it sounds like you know your feet shaping pretty well, maybe you've already done that?  I only suggest it because we see a lot of people who think they know their foot size/arch height/etc., but then when we fit them we see things a little differently.  Also, what is the width of your feet?  In the normal range?  or wide?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The Nimbus is a great choice.  So is the Glycerin, though for higher arches the Nimbus is probably more comfortable.  If you haven't tried Mizuno, though, I'd give them a try.  The Wave Rider is comparable to the lesser cushioning of the Cumulus, and the Wave Creation is more comparable to the Nimbus.  Mizuno is a great choice for higher arches, though they likely won't work for a wider foot.  Mizuno also came out with a maximum cushioned shoe that retails for $200 if you want to go that high-end. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>The Vomero is the softest of all those, though not a great choice for the higher arches. </p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts