Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So my trusty old Brooks running shoes have a new update: Adrenaline GTS 7.<br><br>
I've tried venturing off to other makes and models and always come crawling back to ol' faithful. I started off with GTS 4 in year 2003. 16 pairs and 4 years later, here I am with a new version.<br><br>
Fortunately for me, I've had a good experience with the Adrenalines. The updates have not bothered me as I have transistioned to each new version with no ill effect. When I hear and read the stories of those runners who stockpile their favorite shoe when a new version comes out, I wonder why. Each new version of my shoe has been an improvement of the previous one.<br><br>
Last night was my first run in the new GTS 7. While the jury is still out, I think they'll be a winner as well.<br><br>
How do you react to an update to your favorite running shoe?

·
Registered
617 Posts
I did a "test drive" of the new Asics 2120 over the weekend. I didn't buy them, cos I bought about 5 pair of the 2110's when they announced the change. Overall, they felt quite nice to me--roomier toe box, and they're also 1 ounce lighter, which is noticeable. Now I kinda wish I didn't buy all the old models.

·
Registered
221 Posts
I've been running in Brooks Adrenaline too, started w/ 4, now on 6, about to buy 7's . Glad to hear that the 7s seem to be ok. Brooks has been good about the upgrades maintaining same fit, etc. so far. I hope they keep it up. I've tried a different shoe twice, but had the same experience that you had and took them back for the brooks - thankfully the local running store is accommodating - they should be for the # of shoes I buy + the number of other people I send to them.<br><br>
One gripe I have is that they only offer Wide on the GTS and not on the equivalent trail shoe. So I've just been making due w/ the regular GTS on trails.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts