Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
8,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When you are looking for a new pair of running shoes, how much consideration do you give to other peoples reviews of that shoe?<br><br>
For example, I saw the New Balance 858 at the running store last night. I wore the 856 and LOVED them. They were the best running shoes (for me) to date and I haven't found anything as comfortable as them. I tried the 857 when the 856 was discontinued and I hated them. They were terrible on my feet. I was hopeful when I saw the 858, but the reviews for it (on RRS) were terrible. People really disliked them and had problems with them.<br><br>
Since I need a motion control/high stability shoe my options are limited. I don't know if I should just ignore the reviews and give them a try or not. Everyone's feet are different. I don't know. (<i>Side note: I have been runing in Asics and Mizunos over the years also, but NB were still my fav, so I'm hopeful to give them a try again, if I can.</i>)<br><br>
Anyone run in the NB 858? What do you think?

·
Registered
133 Posts
For me, reviews can serve some purpose, even with something as personal as shoe choice. I try to look for common themes in the reviews. If many people commented on the shoe feeling a little too narrow in the heel, then that means something to me. If they comment on it being too stiff, or with poor transition...again, that's important.<br><br>
Good luck in the shoe hunt.<br><br>
Chris

1 - 2 of 2 Posts