Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,277 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Dr. recommended I get new shoes, as part of my PF treatment.<br><br>
I have high arches, so I always get "cushioned" shoes.<br><br>
I've mostly worn Adidas, but a few years ago, I switched to Mizuno as I had heard such good things. First pair was great...second pair was not as good, kind of rubbed under my ankle...so I decided to try Asics. (most runners can't be wrong, right?) Got a pair of Cumulus.<br><br>
Well, I didn't really like the feel of them right away. It felt, loose, flimsy, just not as good as the old ones.<br><br>
So, anyway I'm in the market for some new cushioned shoes, and wondering if anyone has any suggestions?

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
I wear 13 4EEEE and have very high arches so NB has been pretty good for me. The 857's or the 1222's are probably some to try on. The 856's were awesome but those bastards discontinued those. Depending upon your size, you might find something on closeout in the 856.

·
Registered
2,653 Posts
Consider Saucony Triumph shoes. They are a bit on the heavy side, but are long lasting with good arch support. I am on my 9th & 10th pair, with a couple of new pairs ready to go when my active ones wear out.

·
Registered
3,979 Posts
Coach,<br><br>
I'm suffering with PF and I'm going to try Brook Glycerin. Lightweight, but not that low touching the ground feeling as Brooks and Mizuno. I like mizuno, but if you have owwies, it doesn't help.<br><br>
Maybe you need narrow in the ASICS, they are an awfully wide shoe. Gel Nimbus feel oh so good for pained feet......they are just a liitle heavy and the colors are oh, so, so, bad.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts