Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
113 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Last night, approximately 16 hours after I ran, the front of my lower left leg started hurting, like aching. I got out of bed, got my RW mag from this month, and opened it to the article on the lower leg injuries (how convenient!). I prodded the achy part a little, no sharp pain, so I ruled out tibial stress fracture.<br>
The article mentioned how shin splints were supposed to hurt at the beginning of a run, and go away during it as you warmed up the muscle. No pain before or during run, or even today.<br><br>
I took some ibuprofen, went to sleep and everything's fine since. Phantom pain? Or the beginning of shin splints?

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
It very well could be shin splints.<br><br>
How many miles do you have on your shoes?<br><br>
I think it's fairly common with new runners. I went through it. Some was I thought typical, and some was because of shoes.

·
Premium Member
5,268 Posts
Have you run in those shoes before? One time when I switched shoes I got the wrong type (I need stability, they were motion control) and they gave me shin splints nearly right away.<br><br>
Try doing the toe points & drawing the alphabet with your big toe in the air (while seated) throughout the day. That should also help.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts