Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,430 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Pumpkinman Sprint this morning.  I finished nearly DFL in my AG group but 290 overall (MOP).  Talk about a tough AG.  Jeez.  It was a tough morning battling a chest thingy and back spasms.  Other than that, it was a crazy beautiful day, a VERY well run triathlon and a ton of fun.  Except for how I felt, I enjoyed every moment of it and I am happy with my result. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I saw Gator Girl and DS1 and hung out with them for a little while.  It was great to see them.  I'll leave it to them to report in on how they did so as not to spoil anything.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I think I'll be back even though I told myself I was swearing off triathlons in Maine in September (brrr!).  No way -- Pumpkinman and Lobsterman are two of the best.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>There was a moment of silence before todays race.  I know I still remember exactly where I was the morning of 9/11 and I will never forget.  I woke up this morning thinking about it.  I find myself sighing a lot today.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good workouts, races, yard work, etc. all!</p>

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
<p>Bike & Breakfast....</p>
<p>22 miles of comaraderie and food.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Now, a day of laundry, tidying up, and finishing a project.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I was @ the gym, on the treadmill when all 8 tvs switched to the same picture.</p>
<p>I went home and called mom & dad because mom had been travelling and I didn't know when she was due home.</p>

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
<p>Insanity Plyometric Cardio Circuit and now I'm heading to the park with 3 youngest kids.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Nine years ago...I was in my car on the highway, downtown Toronto, right beside the CN Tower when I heard about it on the radio.</p>

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
<p>6 mile run early from the Y.  Thor must be training the trash trucks because they were on the roads and we got a couple little beeps without even doing anything.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I was at work 9 years ago and any TVs in the building were on and everyone was watching.  I don't think anyone will ever forget where they were.</p>

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
<p>Strength training for me today.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>9 years ago I was teaching US History to 15 sophomores when I found out from the teacher across the hall. I then had to tell my students.  We didn't have tv access at school so I had to wait until I got home to see the coverage.</p>

·
Registered
2,435 Posts
<p>59 mile ride this morning.  Will run 5 miles during halftime of the UT game this evening.  ;)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>9 years ago, I watched the TV with horror that morning with my 4 month old twin daughters by my side.  Then, I headed out the door to teach private horn lessons at the middle school for a couple hours.</p>

·
Registered
4,174 Posts
<p>Nice job at Pumpkinman, Doug. The 40-45s are a tough AG for sure (or 40-50).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Myself - 65 mile ride with the Bagelry Bikers ... Nice hilly loop, but ended with a mid-17s average for the group. Not bad at all...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Reg.</p>

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
<p>14 mile easy spin this morning to shake out the legs after yesterday's 10-miler. Drove the course for my sprint tomorrow. Oy! Hilly & technical!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>9 years ago I was getting ready for work with the Today show on TV. I saw the 2nd plane hit.</p>

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
Nice job today doug. Sorry we weren't able to catch up with each other - I looked for awhile but was obviously unsuccessful. Glad to hear you enjoyed it though.<br><br>
As for me...i was also at pumpkinman this morning. I'll follow up with a race report later, but generally things went really well...very strong field at the top this year, but I was able to hold my own for the most part and ended up in 9th overall and 8th elite male.

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
15min bike<br>
10 run<br>
15 swim<br><br>
Get checked into race

·
Registered
3,062 Posts
Spectating today. Matt and a friend did a sprint tri in Lancaster. beautiful day. Matt was 5th overall and our friend was 7th. Awesome race and Matt has found his distance. I got sick again after feeing better, more mastitis, so I'm on antibiotics and rest and will hopefully kick this thing for good. Gotta start 1/2 marathon training soon!!<br><br>
9 years ago I was at work listening to the radio when the announcer said that a plane had flown into the WTC. He thought it was an accident.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.