Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Hi all.  Up at BCOD, feeling pretty rested, as has been customary the last week or so.  Seven on tap, plus some strides.  About the distance to work.  Think I'll run there, shuffle some paper around, and bike home for some football.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good ones to all.</p>

·
Registered
9,689 Posts
<p>chances--enjoy!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I got nuthin'.  Legs are feeling very good, considering yesterday's 20.  I dropped son1 off at the running store, hoping that he'll get in with a fast group for his long.  I might go out for an easy spin this afternoon.  Then again, maybe not!</p>

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
<p>Hey <strong>chances</strong>, did BCOD happen to be 4am? B/C that's what time I got up today. And I didn't even run.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good morning <strong>4bm</strong>.</p>

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
<p>Good morning Jill, 4BM and chances.  I am thinking about going out for a run.  My foot is still a little bit sore.  I may go give it a test run to see how it feels, but I don't want to take any chances though.  I am hoping for the best.</p>

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
<p>Rob - A fine day's work.</p>
<p>Kevin - Easy does it.</p>
<p>Jill - Make that three of us.</p>
<p>4boys - Sounds like an easy to nothing kind of day.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Woke up with my lower back killing me.  Having a hard time even bending over.  I was fine when I went to sleep and can't imagine why it hurts.  Guess there'll be no running today. </p>

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
Rest and keeping DD amused/out of trouble day.<br><br>
Dan - that's what happened to me last week... a visit from the back pain demon.

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
<p>Back from my run.  I did 5 miles in 41:49(8:22).  My calves and feet are sore.  I am going to go soak my legs in a cold bath as that usually helps the muscles.  Nice job on all the resting today.  I hope we can all feel better.</p>

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
<p>Morning all,<br><br>
Just finishing up breakfast, getting ready to go 20-22 in a short while. Love these fall days when you can do the long runs whenever you want rather than BCOD to avoid the heat & humidity. After the past work week I really needed the sleep.<br><br>
Kevin - sorry to hear about the calf issues. Try getting some calf compression sleeves or socks, the kind that give that extra bit of squeeze to muscles that really need it. I have Medi CEP ones, there are other brands too. They are expensive but worth it. Check your local running store.<br><br>
Enjoy those (mostly) easy days out there. I guess I'm the exception today.</p>

·
Registered
434 Posts
<p>Morning all, I think the rain woke me up around 4am today, but the alarm didn't go off until 5:10am, still BCOD by quite a bit.   By the time I got out for a run with the group the rain was gone and it was a chilly 50 degrees with a bit of wind.   Nice easy 5.7 looping through the trails and roads, then off to volunteer for course duty at a 5k race at DS#1's junior high.   Funny, he ran the race with friends from his class, and the main concern seemed to be who ran with who rather than about time.  Now off to back to back football games for the boys this afternoon.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Chances - sounds like a good plan</p>
<p>4boys - nice job on the 20 yesterday, enjoy the rest or whatever</p>
<p>Jill - Good luck tomorrow however you decide to run!</p>
<p>kfuller - take it easy, hope the bath helps</p>
<p>dan & RA -  rest up</p>
<p>Hawk - that was how I felt last sunday, nice to get out later once in a while.  Have a great 20</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Happy trails!</p>

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
<p>Hi everybody!  I did a 15k race today.  Took it kind of easy at the beginning and tried to speed up in the last three miles.  I did about as well as I had hoped to: averaged an 8:36 mile.  Much slower than last year, but faster than I thought I could do after the past couple of crappy months.</p>

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
<p>21.6 miles in the books for today. Took it very easy most of the way, but threw in a few half-mile pickups starting at 12 miles. Had to take 2 short forced walking breaks in Vienna because today was its town Oktoberfest and the bike path was crowded with all sorts of folks. Amazingly I didn't stop and partake, was tempting though with 14 already done.<br><br>
Very nice weather, sunny and in the 60s.</p>

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.