Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

· Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Good morning everyone.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Mom</strong> -- Get through today.  You'll be ready to rock it tomorrow.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Me</strong> -- 750yd swim in 13:59 last evening.  1:56 pace.  Exhilirating but very hard.  Suppose it's the specificity principle:  Do it more, and you'll get better at it.  Bike and run legs this a.m.  Excited to do it. </p>

· Registered
3,363 Posts
<p>Good morning chances.  I am just sitting here waiting for my breakfast to digest so I can go running.  Just another 5 miles on tap for today. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Chances-  Nice job on the swim last night. Good luck this morning.</p>

· Registered
6,282 Posts
<p>Good morning!</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Good luck 4bm!!!!</strong></p>
<p> </p>
<p>How did the run go <strong>chances</strong>?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Nice job <strong>Kevin</strong>. Love those fast finishes.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>6 easy miles for me this morning.</p>

· Registered
9,447 Posts
<p>Okay, super panic mode here...  Packed for just about every weather condition possible.  Forcast is 56*, 44% cloud cover, 10% POP, 12mph winds out of the SSW (headwind OB, tailwind IB).  High temp of 72*.  Hopefully partly/mostly cloudy.  These are NOT the conditions I had hoped for.  But, it is what it is.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Upsetting news this morning.  Mom fell yesterday and broke her wrist.  Of course, I can never get the full story out of her.  She has neuropathy in her feet from chemo.  She was also recently diagnosed with Parkenson's.  Oh, and she has lymphedema, so her left arm is tightly bound...  Not sure if this was an "honest" stumble, or what's going on.  She has fallen several times recently.  So, yah, I'm worried about her.  </p>

· Registered
3,601 Posts
<p>Hey kicksters,<br><br>
I'm working at the Army Ten Miler expo right now, at the TNT booth. A little slow at the moment. But I'm right near the seminar/clinic presentation area. Not running ATM tomorrow, which feels kinda weird.<br><br>
Before my volunteer gig, I got in a road ride, basically lots of fast loops around my neighborhood, for 45 minutes. Wanted to do an hour but I was a little short on time. Planning on a morning 14-15 tomorrow.<br><br>
Chances - sounds like you'll be every bit the tri beast that you already are a marathon beast.<br><br>
4bm - re: weather don't worry about what you can't control. After a mile or so it's all just running.<br><br>
Sorry, hard to comment to all from my Blackberry. Nice job everyone.</p>

· Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
<p><strong>Kevin</strong> -- Nice job on the fiver.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Jill</strong> -- Smart recovery again.  Good job.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Mom</strong> -- I bet you'll manage the wind okay.  And I'm sure those temps don't climb much until well after you'll be across the line.  Very sorry to hear about your mum.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Hawk</strong> -- Good ride.  And ATM's been a mainstay for you for some time, right?  Nice you're still connected to the event.  I appreciate every volunteer. </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Me</strong> -- Well, that was interesting, fun, painful, and quite a learning experience.  After yesterday's swim, I started the race in 40th place out of about 100.  8th out of 11 in the 40-49 AG.  For only 12.5 on the bike, I was pretty gassed by the end -- HR in the high 160s.  Not sure if I netted a few bodies during the leg -- passed some, got passed by others.  But I at least broke even, I think.  One of the better bikers had a very bad crash.  Think they called an ambulance.  Bike split of 39:59, by my clock, but I started it a bit late.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Transition -- Learned here that if your plan isn't well thought out, you can lose some valuable time and be quite uncomfortable.  The guy next to me racked his bike, slipped off his helmet and bike shoes while standing, slipped on his racers with ease, and took off.  He was there maybe 30 seconds.  In marked contrast, I fumbled with my helmet, dropped my sunglasses, sat in a puddle of muddy water, finally got my bike shoes off, got my runners on, tightened and tied, and ambled my way out of transition.  Sure I was there three times longer than I needed to be.  At least <strong><em>now</em></strong>  I can run.  I can <em><strong>do</strong></em> this. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I can't do this!  Feels like I'm running with bricks tied to my shoes!  Ow!  Oh, the humanity! </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Okay.  After about a half mile I settle in, and start passing folks -- mostly chicks.  Then some guys.  6:53 first mile.  HR at 172.  Really uncomfortable.  Pass two more.  6:48.  They're lined up ahead for me to pick off.  One and two.  Then three, four, five and six -- the 3rd OA female.  Last half mile is on a grass field, then 3/4 lap on the school track.  One guy ahead.  I'll never catch him.  Oh, so close.  6:48.  Last 100 yards.  Dig, for heck's sake.  Caught him the last 20 yards.  Sorry, friend.  You're in my house now.  20:46 5K. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Not sure of my ultimate time (1:17-ish?), or where I ultimately finished (25th or so?) but I know I was out of the AG bling. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I like this, I think.  It's freakin' hard, but I like it. </p>

· Registered
2,788 Posts
<p>Quick post... 8 miles with my buddy's kid this morning.  He and his wife were there for half of it.  60F.  I was hot with a t-shirt.  Praying for a miracle tomorrow.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Chances - bike - run is hard without practice... a lot of practice...  Still, I'd never run a 5k that fast off the bike.</p>
<p>4boysmom - sorry to hear about you Mum.  Hope all is well.  Kick a$$ tomorrow</p>
<p>Hawk - enjoy the medium long run tomorrow</p>
<p>Jill / kfuller - nice job on the GA runs</p>

· Registered
7,611 Posts
<p>Hi everybody.  A very easy walk/run this morning in very nice, brisk weather.</p>

· Registered
3,601 Posts
<p>Well, looks like the medium-long run I had planned for tomorrow will have to wait for Monday morning. Our soccer team is a little short on players so I will have to activate myself even though I had previously said I was sitting these couple of games before NYC. Oh well, I'll get a good workout for sure.</p>

· Registered
434 Posts
<p>Chances - Well done on the tri, sounding like there will be a next one...</p>
<p>4boysmom - So sorry to hear about your mom.   After your training this summer, hopefully the weather won't seem too bad.  Go get 'em!</p>
<p>RA - good luck tomorrow, you never know just might surprise yourself.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Nice runs & rides &anything else - another 90 in the yoga studio this am taking orders from a insanely flexible eastern european dude in a speedo.</p>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.