Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Yep, it's "stoopid early."</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm waiting of my PBJ to digest a bit before I head out for 14 in the dark (for most of it, anyway).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, get up, get going, and start the day.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Maybe I'll beat the thunder & lightning today.</p>
<p>Whaddya think?</p>

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
<p>For once, the weather cooperated.</p>
<p>I also got replacement bottle tops for my fuelbelt bottles, and used that instead of my other regular bottle.  I can carry 48 oz this way as opposed to 24. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>So, while I'm communing with nature and other notcturnal animals at stoopid early times of Saturday mornings, I'm also working on taking in better doses of fluid. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>14 miles today went pretty well.  I counted my steps for the last mile, and managed to get a decent last mile split, well under 13.  :)</p>
<p>I was soaking/dripping wet at the finish, and bailed on my bike ride/reverse brick.....but all is good.  I can ride tomorrow morning, and use the brick run afterward as a recovery run.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm certainly a far cry from where I was a few weeks ago, that's for sure. oy!</p>

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
<p>1 hr on the exercise bike. 10 min at 120 watts, 40 min at 180 watts, 10 min at 120 watts.  Followed by 5 min foam roller work and 10 min of core work.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have a great weekend everybody!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Mike</p>

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
<p>Great group ride this morning with the Bagelry Biker crew. 63.3 miles - 19.1 avg (with rest stops along the way).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Down into Portsmouth, through New Castle, all the way down the beach to Seabrook, and then back through Seabrook, Raymond, Exeter ...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What a glorious morning!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>May add an easy, short ride with DW later in the day.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Off to Rhode Island beaches for some R&R Sunday, Monday, Tuesday. Sure I'll get some biking in down there, but I may make tomorrow a rest day.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have a great weekend all, and good luck to any racers today/tomorrow!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Reg</p>

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Enroute to Montreal for yet another baptism. Too many Greek babies this year! We drove part way last night, stopping in Kingston to stay at my MIL's. Fit in a 50 minute run this morning. I'm not usually a good morning runner but it was perfect. Maybe not having to deal with two kids in a stroller or hilly trails or high heat/humidity had something to do with it! Lots of Greek dancing and red wine tonight. :)

·
Registered
8,914 Posts
<p>Good morning, TEAM LIT!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>21.5 mile long run early this morning with a few others. One of the number junkies had an average of 8:01 for the run. I was under that since I did some jockeying on this out and back to keep company of a few others so that everyone had company for their chosen distance (one only wanted 13 miles, so we went out 6.5 and turned... I went with her back to starting point, turned, and went back to meet others).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Great day, Tri-peeps!</p>

·
Registered
8,280 Posts
<p>Yes, that is stupid early Stitch!  Way to Go and good job on the nice 14miler.  Knowing a little bit about the hot/humid (even in the early morning) Alabama weather of the recent, you did well!  (BTW, I may be coming to Opelika/Auburn soon and this time it is likely by myself and I am going to build in some extra time.)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1mile or so OWS.  A new club member (swam for college) offerred to give me some hands-on help on my gulping air issue.  It looks like my effort to swim easy and try to maintain breathing every 5th stroke worked against me because I was starving for air.  So nice and easy every 2nd stroke breathing today and it helped, though it was SLOW.  Oh well, one step at a time. </p>
<p>Then 1hr ride hitting this biggest hill around here x 5.  It says 8% (the downhill sign for trucks) and it took me 3min 10sec.  I have ridden this hill only once about 4yrs ago and remember thinking this was crazy hard.  Felt good!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Tomorrow is 5K 'Swim to the Moon'.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
<p>Yosh....</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Yes.....definitely come on down again and tell the work people that you've got SOCIAL things you need to do, too.  lol</p>
<p> </p>
<p>You've been down here a lot recently, so yes....you've been here in the "thick" of it.  The air is actually thick, isn't it?  Fun thing to note is that as I'm writing this post, it's 91 degrees and a heat advisory is in place.  It feels good to have the workout done.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Now, I need lunch, then the grocery store.  Yay!</p>

·
Registered
9,689 Posts
<p>Drove to the race venue this afternoon.  One easy lap of the swim course.  Meh... we'll see.  Just hoping to not be DFL out of the water again.  Rode the run course.  Plan was to dry off for the drive home.  Nope.  It rained.  Quick change, then drove the bike course.  Well, it's different.  Possibly slightly harder.  We'll see.  Making the bike cut off is a big concern.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sad couple of days here.  Never did hear the whole story, but yesterday someone drowned in the quarry.  A group of swimmers was there at 5am.  To me, that sounds like triathletes, not drunks.  When the others finished their swim, they were unable to locate the last swimmer.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Then, today.  Peletonia is this weekend.  It's a two day ride from Columbus to Athens to raise money for cancer research.  Lance Armstrong has ridden in the past.  Today, a cyclist was hit by a car and died from their injuries.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Stay safe out there team LIT!!!</p>

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
<p>3000yds in the fishbowl, main set was 10x200 w/ negative splits. Considering the pukefest 12hrs ago... my arms didn't have it, so I was 3:35 going down to 3:20 and it was hard!</p>
<p>FIB 30min run in 99.999% humidity. Holy crap. Storms just rolled through and the sun was bright and hot and it just cooked. EZ run but I was covered head to toe in sweat and my shoes were even wet for that short run...</p>
<p>FIB... Kom Do yellow belt test (passed) and then a full practice. UG.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Nap. I'm so freakin tired I had to.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Gearing up for tommorow! Race practice day!</p>

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
<p>22 mile ride fighting my bike every.single.mile. Never got comfortable due to some stiff head & crosswinds here. Headwinds are what they are but the crosswinds, oy! Never got enough of a tailwind to make it worth my while so overall a pretty meh ride. But it got done. I'll take what I can get these days.</p>

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.