Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

Saturday, Feb. 5 - WORKOUTS!

557 views 6 replies 7 participants last post by  pcsronbo 
#1 ·
<p>Good afternoon, TEAM LIT!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I won a trophy last night for Craziest Goon. Go figure. Goons are my running club. :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Me...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>16 mile run early this morning with a bunch of others. Included 4.5 miles at half marathon pace. Social otherwise.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good day, mates!</p>

#2 ·
<p>Congrats, Thor!  You totally deserve it. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>14.3miles or so run, completed just in time before a heavy snow shower rolled in.  Weird places in my legs were still sore from the strength exercises from a few days ago and legs were heavy but got it done.  I totally felt today that one of the characteristics of this training plan is to have you go into a long run with tired legs so even a short-ish long run makes you feel like you are running toward the end of a marathon. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>The snow shower wasn't too long but rather intense and everybody seemed to get caught off guard.  I got stuck THREE times, the first one I got out thanks to the help from two kind men.  Then hills - I couldn't believe my car (Chrysler Town & Country Minivan) couldn't go the uphills.  The first time ever I encoutered these issues.  Now I am paranoid of driving on snow. </p>

#3 ·
<p>Wow...only two posts? Where is everyone today!?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Nice award Thor! Great run Yoshi!!! (even on tired legs!)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>DOR here..did today's run yesterday - we were at a bday party all day and getting ready for a Superbowl get together tomorrow. Will do 11-12m tomorrow before all the food shows up. :D</p>

#4 ·
<p>Thor--nicely done!  Details please?</p>
<p>YoSake--my Ford minivan handles POORLY on anything but dry pavement.  Worst moment was sliding downhill, backwards.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Ended up with an unplanned rest day.  Tomorrow I think I'll do an early morning swim, afternoon recovery run at the metropark.  Still looking for input on a trainer ride without using my left hand!</p>

#5 ·
<p>Congrats, Goon Thor!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Skipped masters swim this morning.  Just didn't feel like getting up early.</p>
<p>60 min on the trainer.  First ride on the tri bike since the new fit.</p>

#6 ·
<p>35m 24s - 4.15 miles - 08m 32s/Mi<br><br>
11:00 AM <br><br>
Equipment: Nike Pegasus 03/10<br><br>
Cool/mid 40s - Sunny and very windy. Crawford/Puckett/Security/Kiva/Fontaine/Grinnell/Crawford/Upton/home. Short easy run.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Spent ~4 hours before the run helping my step-daughter move into a new house. Probably 50 trips up and down stairs carrying boxes as we loaded a truck, then unloaded at the new house. The off to work for 8 hours.</p>

#7 ·
90 min run at 7.5m ! That is a massively killer pace for me, 12min pace and I held z2/z3 for it. Seriously stoked I was able to do this after a 17hour training week -close to one of my highest ever, but onythefirst two miles were sucky as I shook off the rust.<br><br>
Fib taking ds2 to local YMCA and we both did laps. Well, I did 2300 m and he did 175 before he got mad at his goggles for leaking. Still, pretty good for a 7yr old. He was totally taking it serious. This is his first year on swim team

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.