Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Oooh!  I'll start today. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Been MIA all week, and I've missed you guys.  Travel, work, family, etc.  Regular life getting in the way of my running life. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>There's a little 5K downtown this morning that I signed up for last minute.  Will report back. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good runs, bikes, swims, slogs and rests to all.</p>

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
<p>Morning...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Rob -  Priorities my man. Have fun with the 5K.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Looooooooooooong day yesterday.  Kinda whooped this morning and another looooooooooong one on tap today.  But, I will get out for 30 minutes. </p>

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
<p>Mornin' gents,<br><br>
I'm getting ready to hit the road on 2 wheels, as soon as the morning coffee settles. Shooting for 40 miles. Nice cool morning here, first one of its kind in a while.<br><br>
Chances - god luck on that 5k, at least you're well tapered for it. ;)<br><br>
Dan - hope you get that 30 in. It's your "me" time right?</p>

·
Registered
9,689 Posts
<p>Okay, someone has to keep you boys in line...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>chances--hope you had a good race!</p>
<p>Dan--enjoy the run later.</p>
<p>Hawk--remember, rubber side down.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Had planned for a long run today but I'm just plumb worn out.  Snuck out for a short 6.  Although the legs were never fresh, the run felt good.  IB I have to climb out of a RR underpass and usually focus on hydrant-power pole-light pole-power pole.  Today, I was to the top before I realized it.  Same with the climb out fo the river valley.  Out of it before I realized it.  And now begins the taper for my half ironman next weekend.</p>

·
Registered
8,086 Posts
<p>Hey guys.  I haven't checked in for a few days, either.  today was a neighborhood 5k, and my second run this week.  I ran a (for me) terrible 25:32 gun time.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope your race was better, chances.</p>
<p>Dan, I hope your long day goes alright.</p>
<p>Hawk- what I wouldn't do for a nice cool morning.</p>
<p>4boys- enjoy the taper.  Glad the 6 felt good.</p>

·
Premium Member
4,199 Posts
<p>Good day all.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Chances - Family First!  Hope you ahd a good race.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Dan - I know you had a good run in today.  Let us know how it went.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hawk - Enjoy that ride.  I know I did, but it was very muggy here.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>4BM - Sweet ride.  Glad it went well for you.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Jebba - Lack of running will definately slow you down.  But great job getting out there and doing it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>FB - Hope the first two went well.  Let us know how they all went.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Me - Bright and early start to the day with another 70 mile ride.  The first 14 miles were quite slow as it was dark, only averaged 14.5 mph for the first hour.  Once we had some daylight I picked up the pace and ended up with an overal ride of 19.0 mph.  Not quite what I wanted but I didnt' plan on riding so slow for the first hour neither. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Today was an outdoorsman paradise on the ride.  I seen all kinds of animals.  I about ran over a rabbit; a deer about ran into me as a spooked several of them and he didn't know which way to go.  I could have reached out and touched him he was so close.  A little spike buck with fur still on his antlers.  About 2 dozen deer overall, a hawk, woodpecker, armadillo and about 200 cyclists.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Happy training everyone.</p>

·
Registered
6,289 Posts
<p>Hey gang.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Keep running strong <strong>FB</strong>!!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>zrun</strong>, same hamstring as over the winter? Geeze, I feel like that's been going on forever. I hope that clears up soon for you. So frustrating.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Hawk</strong>, have a great ride. Wish I could join you.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good luck at the 5k <strong>chances</strong>, you're probably already done.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>That sounds like it was a good run <strong>4bm</strong>. Enjoy the taper.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Good morning <strong>vash</strong>.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I had my bloodwork on Thursday and skipped my run completely. Meeting with the doc on Tues. to discuss the results. I switched my iron pills to a new brand with more mg of iron for the past few day. Also been drinking some red wine the past couple nights. Yesterday I had a fantastic run, 6 miles in 50 minutes. More wine last night and dinner at a Kenyan restaurant, 4 miles in 32 minutes. Apparently, you need to EAT like a Kenyan in order to RUN like a Kenyan. How weird is that? And it all felt about 100% easier than all of my running all summer.</p>

·
Registered
1,967 Posts
<p>Jill - Keep drinking that wine.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Dave, I did have a good run although hot for us.  70 and I'm dripping.  Another 30 minutes on tired legs but a good effort.  Faster than I want to go right now.  Feels like I'm running as slow as I can but my times are near where I ended before the nightmare started.  Weird.  Off to the ferry again.</p>

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
<p>whew...</p>
<p> </p>
<p>well, I felt ok at the start. Did mile 1 in 6:40, then I backed off way too much in mile 2 and clicked off a 7:02, then sped up with about 3/4 of a mile left and went thru 3 in 6:54, then my watch shows I avg 5:51 for the last .10 or so...(21:28) I didn't stop it right at the finish line.  I felt ok right after the race, bumped into my nemesis and talked to him for a minute, then cheered my friends on.  It was on the way back to where the concessions were that it hit me... it felt like someone had drained all the energy out of my body... I mean I felt aweful.  I ended up puking at my truck before we left for home and felt instantly better.  Now my stomach kinda hurts.. think I may have gotten a lil bug or sumthin. One thing for sure, no more chinese pre race.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Nemesis ended up beating me outta 3rd place in AG so I ended with 4th, and 22 OA.   Race was a lot easier last year, due to the weather.  If I had last years finish time I think I would have placed 2nd in AG. Oh well.  I live to fight another day.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I wonder how this 'sickness' effected my race though.  I wish I wouldn't have slowed down so much in the 2nd mile.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Nice runs everyone</p>

·
Registered
2,790 Posts
<p>No time to comment other than to say nice going all, no matter your 5k time. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Slow 5'er with DD in the BOB while DW is out on her long run.  DD is under the weather and I think I have something too. Great!  Stupid daycare germs.</p>

·
Registered
3,365 Posts
<p>Good morning everyone.  I am not sure what my 5k race time would have been today.  I think that the race was accidentally cut 2-3 tenths of a mile short today.  So for my race I ran 19:30 and got 3rd AG.  So I will enjoy the fast time for today.  The last 1.1 miles was all uphill except for a very short downhill.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hawk-  This race starts and ends at RIO Tinto stadium- Home of REAL Salt Lake.  It is a nice place.</p>

·
Registered
1,916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
<p>Hi, all. </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Dan</strong> -- Good job and ferry safe. </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Hawk</strong> -- Hope that long ride goes well. </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>4boys</strong> -- HIM.  Exciting.  Taper down. </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>jebba</strong> -- A bad race keeps us striving, I think.  Better luck. </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Dave</strong> -- Armadillo?  Really?  Cool!  Great ride. </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Jill</strong> -- Obviously, it's the wine.  Nice runs. </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>BBS</strong> -- Still seems like a good race.  Maybe you floated a bit too much second mile, but sounds like you had a great finish. </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>RA</strong> -- Hope you're not sick, buddy.  Kids are little germ carriers, though.  Recover quickly. </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>FL Boiler</strong> -- Got any results to share? </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Kevin</strong> -- Nice time, even on the short course.  Congrats on the hardware. </p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Me</strong> -- 5K went alright.  19:01, good enough for 3rd OA out of a field of about 60.  6:02 first mile was prolly a little too aggressive, as things slowed quite a lot after that.  Positive split all the way.  Won a round of golf and some yogurt coupons.  Some smarta$$ college cross-country kid won with 16 and change.  </p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
3,596 Posts
<p>Nice running and riding out there all.<br><br>
Chances/BBS/kevin - well done on the 5k racing. Chances, I haven't seen that 5k time since March.<br><br>
Frustrating ride for me today. I wanted 40 but chose a bad route and ended up with only 31.3. The bike path I planned to ride just sort of disappeared on me at some point and then I ended up on busy roads with crazy idiot drivers - I even got yelled at by a ******* in a pickup truck once. Then add in lots of traffic intersections requiring me to unclip and crawl through and you get a somewhat less than enjoyable 2.5 hours with neither the distance nor speed I wanted.<br><br>
But oh well, it's done and in the books. Will go back to a more tried and true route next time.</p>

·
Registered
434 Posts
<p>Hey folks, wow lot's o' nice racing and training out there.   </p>
<p> </p>
<p>When I mentioned I was taking a yoga class once a week, my PT suggested Bikram yoga.   Coincidentally, I was sent an online coupon for a really good deal at a local place that promised to "soften muscles and tendons into gumbyesque suppleness", who could resist that?  So I tried it out friday evening.  This is the kind where you are in a room at 105 degrees for 90 minutes.  Man, it was hard.  Almost unbearable, really, but I think it may have helped :)    65 minutes on the elliptical today and some stretching.  Testing out running again tomorrow, this time on a treadmill at 2.5-3% incline.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><strong>Jill</strong> - yeah it's the same hamstring issue, just when I thought I had it licked...    Good to see that things are picking up for you.  Hmm..  if going from beer to wine makes you run faster, is hard liquor next? :)  </p>
<p><strong>Chances</strong> - Nice 5k, must be tough in such a small race, were you running by yourself, mostly?</p>
<p><strong>BBS - </strong>great job esp. consdering the sickness factor.</p>
<p><strong>Jebba</strong> - don't sweat it, there's always another one coming up</p>
<p><strong>Kfuller</strong> - ditto...  I hate uphill finishes, esp. when I don't know they're coming.</p>
<p><strong>Dan</strong> - nice 30, keep it up!</p>
<p><strong>Hawk</strong> - Too bad about the ride; at least you tried something and now you know</p>
<p><strong>4boys</strong> - Wow, a Half IronMan! that's awesome.</p>
<p><strong>Dave</strong> - That is some impressive ride/safari adventure!</p>
<p><strong>RA</strong> - hope you & DD are feeling better</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope things went well FB & that I didn't forget anyone.</p>
<p> </p>

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.