Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

Saturday 3/10 Run and everything else Report

2K views 21 replies 18 participants last post by  tigger 
10 miles at River Legacy Park. 74F at 10am when I started. (Yeah, I overslept; it'll help make up for the time change tonight.)<br><br>
Spring has sprung already at River Legacy. Green leaves sprouting on the trees. Birds singing sweetly. People with dogs. People with baby strollers. People on bikes. Bird watchers in groups. Walkers in groups. Runners of every size, shape, speed and attire (numerous young men shirtless). Cyclists of all ages on all kinds of equipment.<br><br>
Contemplative run (my long runs tend to be that way):<br><br>
What could Martin Luther have done differently, and the effect it would have had on human history? (Grizzly didn't you do a thesis on that?)<br><br>
What bearing does this have on me and the price of tea in China (or at Wal-Mart)?<br><br>
The order of things...Why the end of a thing is better than the beginning..."Progression runs"...How to speed up when you're tired...Why you don't get as tired if you run uprightly (but how can you maintain that over distance)...<br><br>
???<br><br>
These are some of the things I contemplated.<br><br>
And meanwhile, birds sang and trees grew leaves. Dogs sniffed. Children ran gleefully down embankments.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.