Kick Runners banner

21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,428 Posts
@1.5 mile swim, water temp up to 55 degrees! Also calm but light rain so the top surface was very cold!<br>
I guess I will go for my longer swim tomorrow despite the cold and my cold, I'll just make it a lot shorter than I hoped.<br><br>
Next up 4 mile walk in the light rain, first a shower to warm up since my feet refuse to get warm.<br><br>
Wardrobe for tithers report: purple bikini bottoms (top was lost in a kayaker crash landing during a long swim last year) red top, I amuse the group by wearing mismatched w/o bikinis. No wetsuit, 2 caps and fins so I could float on my back & cough at regular intervals.<br><br>
As to tither's "package" question from yesterday, sb doens't have one and the guys were wearing wetsuits so I don't know. The cold can cause interesting chafing that you won't feel until hours later!<br><br>
critter report-2 seals and a juvenile sea lion all kept a respectable distance. The water is clearing and calming so maybe more critters will come out soon.

·
Registered
11,855 Posts
{{{4boys}}} So sorry to hear about your Grandpa and your tough week in general<br><br>
Got in 1000 yd at the pool in 35 min - felt good to be back doing something after a week off due to holiday activities, a swollen knee and cold virus issues.<br><br>
I'm already banking on getting very familiar with the pool again - my doc sent me a note via mail that I just opened up late last night saying I probably have a fracture at the base of my left big toe based on x-rays I took a couple weeks back. I've got a follow up appt. next Friday<br><br>
I jammed the thing into a couch leg by accident a week after my first tri in mid-Sept. Funny thing is it doesn't really give me pain when I've been running (I PR'ed by 9 minutes at HM distance with this thing.) But what it seems to be doing is it takes away my pushoff power from my left foot and thus makes my right leg overwork like crazy, judging by the various but never-before-experienced muscle strains and pains I've gotten there since the injury.

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
Got my workout in today. 30 min swim, 30 min stationary bike, 30 min run. Felt good to "go long" again. Been a while since I did more than 45 min of anything.

·
Premium Member
1,214 Posts
10-7

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Cross post between Active and here... if Kick stays up, I'll start posting here!<br><br>
Go Patriots!<br><br>
LRR: Wounded Knee? Don't scare me like that. Just seeing the head line put a fright in me that I might lose my running mate for another month.<br><br>
Was ready to follow you all over to our new home, only the new home was dead. So here I am, to post away.<br><br>
Me...<br><br>
50K (31 miles) race out in North Adams, MA called the Fat *** 50K. Race report (hopefully) to follow. In short, I think I can do this ultra stuff. Each of my laps (5 in total) were incrementally faster.<br><br>
Stats:<br>
50K (31 miles)<br>
4:08:01<br>
2nd Place Overall of 38 (38 showed toed the line, but I don't know how many were not trying to go the whole way)<br><br>
So I drove a total of 6 hours to run a sliver over 4 hours. Seems fair. Beats slapping yet more paint on the walls of my old house.<br><br>
Go Pats!<br><br>
---<br>
TASM gave kudos for 2nd place. Here was my reply:<br><br>

·
Registered
605 Posts
I spent 15 minutes on the rowing machine and then planned on 90 minutes on the bike trainer. Unfortunately, I only lasted 75 minutes. It is so d*** (asterisks added by me, not the censor) boring. Last year I maxed out at 2 hours on the trainer. Hope I can manage that this year.<br><br>
Victor

·
Premium Member
15,134 Posts
Well...the PATS won...I'm sure our Assachusetts boyz are happy!<br><br>
Just for Bannon I'll have a glass of cheap cabernet.

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
Yup...they won.<br>
Now, will they<br>
GO<br>
ALL<br>
THE<br>
WAY???<br><br>
----<br>
I was bad, didn't go outside today.<br>
That means tomorrow haffta go.

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
Discussion Starter #32
Wow, awesome job Thor! I was wondering when you would take the plunge for an ultra. I'd say you can handle it!

·
Registered
76 Posts
Tried to run 1.5 to 2hrs while on call. stayed near the hospital just in case. I got called in at about 30min and had to cut back.<br>
Total 42:45 5.3mi

21 - 33 of 33 Posts