Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

Running Moms and Dads, Wednesday

883 views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  Ron 
#1 ·
Good morning! It's Hump Day, let's do it!<br>
Another short run workout today. I'm feeling better, but very tired and run down. At least I'm on the mend.<br>
Andi, hope you feel better once the meds kick in. DD will be happy to help with anything you need.<br>

#2 ·
<p>GOOD MORNING!!<br><br>
Happy Hump day Suds! I agree let's get this wk over!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I still have not ran (almost 3wks now!!) and am exhausted! We had a busy busy Tday break! Hosted Tday on THurs, then Fri started a little kitchen updating project we have been putting off all fall! Painted the kitchen and installed new laminate flooring! Now I want new counters and appliances! HA! :) hoping to sneak the new counters in when we do the addition off the kitchen this summer! Our new carpet came in yesterday so hoping that can be installed before the Ugly Christmas sweater party we are hosting in a wk and half for my 40th bday! We'll see..dh says it would be ok if it didnt get installed because then we wont care if anyone spills! :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I do plan on running tonight but will depend on how much energy I have to get out the door at around 8 tonight...haircut, supper, ds2 BB practice, church night all between 5-8....this will be my life forever I believe! :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hope everyone is well!</p>

#3 ·
<p>Morning my running friends.  I got a pretty good work out in last night.  I was having a good run then my leg started to get tight so I stopped at 33 minutes.  Oh well that is good for me these days and my leg is fine.  I also lifted.  Tonight is more of the same.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>This weekend is baseball if it doesn't rain.  The last two tournaments have been rained out and my son isn't happy about it.  20% chance of rain on this weekend.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Glad you are feeling better Paul.  You need to rest more.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Staci you sound busy hope you get that run in.  Are you getting a lot of snow?  Jennifer's kids have a snow day today.</p>

#4 ·
<p>Good morning!  Did not get to the gym this morning.  I hope to cycle after work if I feel ok.  Will get to the gym for sure tomorrow.  I'm already feeling a little better.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Suds - I'm glad you are feeling better.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Staci - Wow, you are busy right now.  It does seem never ending, but it will get easier with time.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Ron - Take good care of that leg.</p>

#5 ·
<p>Hi everyone!  Happy hump day!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We got about 10 inches of snow last night so it's a snow day!!!  The girls are so excited.  This is really about the most I have ever seen from one storm here in Boise.  When I was kid up in the mountains they never called snow for 10 inches.  We never would have gone to school. LOL</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Suds-Have a great day today.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Staci-Wow.  You have been busy.  I'm sure your house is going to look great when you are all done with it.  Good luck getting your run in today.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hi hubby-I miss you and have a good day at work today.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Andi-I hope you are feeling well enough to cycle a little tonight.</p>

#9 ·
<p>Hey everyone!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Andi - glad to hear that you are feeling a bit better.  </p>
<p>Ron - take care of that leg!  what is the issue?  IT band?  </p>
<p>Fer - happy snow day!!  I can't believe all that snow you got!  Hope you've had a nice relaxing day. </p>
<p>Staci - geez, you are busy!  I will never complain about being too busy after reading about all you get done!  Maybe your ugly xmas sweater party could be an "oops, I spilled my drink" party, too!  Then you could really mess up the old carpet before you get the new one installed ;)  Enjoy your run tonight!</p>
<p>Sudsy - glad to hear you are on the mend.  I thought I was getting past this cold but I'm wiped out and feeling cruddy.  Get some extra sleep if you can!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I did a nice 30min trail run today.  I was tired and slow but so glad I got out there.  I feel like I could crawl into bed now and sleep until tomorrow morning but that won't happen!  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have a good afternoon!</p>

#10 ·
<p>Amber -  Sudsy did a nice new marathon in NH in October.  I can't remember the name of it but he liked it a lot and I think I'm going to run it next year, too.  (A mom friend of mine ran it and she ran a 3:19 so I'm guessing it was pretty flat!!)  There is also Baystate (Lowell, MA) and that's flat but it's also boring - two loops and not scenic.  The Maine Marathon isn't really flat but there are no killer hills and it's a nice course.  I'm sure there are others but I can't think of them right now.  </p>

#11 ·
<p>I shouldnt complain so much..we are all busy and if I could get my ass up in the mornings..my runs/workouts  would be done before the day began!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>ROn...we recieved about 10" a wk ago and an inch or two a few other times last month as well! I think they are saying it is the 10th snowiest Nov on record, right now we have icky colld temps and feels like stinkin Jan!! Hard to believe in Oct I let the daycare kids run thru the sprinkler a couple afternoons when it reached 80! :) Hope the rain stays away so your guy can play baseball..that stinks when it gets rained out so much in a row like that!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Fer...enjoy that snow day!! and how nice you were home to enjoy it with the girls! I was hoping for one on Tues but didnt happen...jsut as well I hate making the days up later on!! I wonder if your snow is headed our way??</p>
<p> </p>
<p>ANdi glad you are feeling better! HOpe you get to cycle later!!  How is hockey?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Amber! Hi! What a great way to celebrate your 35th! I am thinking possibly about chicago or the nike womens marathon in san fran next fall as my 40th bday marathon!! ANy chance you could make either of those??</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sisu...I love the "oops I spilled my drink" party idea!! My luck only that it would blizzard and my carpet wouldnt get installed until after christmas and my house would smell like beer and wine for a month!! HAHA!! :) </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

#12 ·
<p>I am not 100% sure what is wrong with my leg.  I had it looked at a couple of years ago.  It feels like a muscle gets strained on the back right hand side of my left leg.  I think mostly when I over extend my leg while running faster.  I don't think I run with my leg foot real straight either.  I am more aware of where it needs to be stretched.  The funny thing is that I can pop the exact spot where it bothers me.  I am thinking of getting a bionic leg but then I would probably just run in circles so that isn't a good idea either.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Staci Boise got about 10" and Jennifer showed me pictures and it is kind of crazy.</p>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.