1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
11,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Good morning!</p>
<p>Behind schedule today, but managed to squeeze in 10 this morning.</p>
<p>Batmomm, glad you had fun over the weekend!</p>
<p>Sisu, nice job on the 7! The run over the weekend was turning bad around 12 miles so I canned it to prevent injury. Hopefully this weekend will be better, but I'll be squeezing in 20 before the game on Sunday morning.</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
<p>Smart move on your run long last weekend.  Better to listen to your body and stop before you really hurt yourself.  Nice job on your 10mi run this morning!  hope you have a good day.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm heading out for a run - 6mi or so I guess.  </p>

·
Registered
12,634 Posts
<p>Hey friends!!! I've missed ya!!  Things have just been a little crazy w/ transitioning back to school, etc.  But I survived my first true bike excursion!  Got in over 20 miles on Sunday biking to and from the race, all around the course, and then to and from the Pat Benetar concert that night.  I'm not going to say that I love biking by any means but it is something that I def can tolerate now! </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Got to see Gaela, her fam and Michael too!  Don't know if Gaela posted or not but I gave Michael my bib and he ran.  Got a PR too - for him and me!  Problem is, I don't ever see myself running a 1:48 1/2M so that will never be broken!! LOL!! </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sudsy - Sorry your house is quiet!!!  Does Tank bark yet?  Our pups just started barking. </p>
<p>Sisu - GL w/ you 6 today!!  Didn't see many barefoot runners this weekend!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>OH!  One other cool thing that happened - we were about .3 mile out from the finish and saw the 1st place woman and the 1st & 2nd place men come in!  I was with my friend's teenage daughter who is an awesome runner so she was so psyched to see them run.  I thought I'd embarress her so I ran my cowbell for them.  She was taking a video and got the 1st place guy giving me the thumbs up on the cowbell!!  LOL! Made my weekend I tell you!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Back to the grindstone!!</p>

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
<p>Hello! </p>
<p> </p>
<p>this place needs some action! :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>No running yet today...hoping to get in 5-6 this evening!  ran on the tm for the first time in months on Monday evening..the rain kept me from getting out..it wasnt so bad! :)  Still just trying to adjust to working and the kids fall activity schedule!! I am missing my summer freedom but getting a paycheck isnt so bad and I do like the fall weather!<br>
 </p>
<p>HI Suds! Good job on the 10 sorry about your long run!<br>
 </p>
<p>Hey Sisu...hope you had a nice 6!<br><br>
Hi NIcole!  Great job on the biking and your wkend sounds like a blast! :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>happy hump day everyone...yay for a short wk!  </p>

·
Registered
11,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<p>Hi Sisu, hope you had a good run!</p>
<p>Nicole, glad to see you biking and having fun! Sounds like the race was a good time! Yes, Tank found his bark pretty much right away. Luckily he only uses it when it's needed.</p>
<p>Hi SB! Good luck getting back to the swing of things, but you're right-a paycheck is a good thing!</p>
<p>Today seemed to drag forever, can't wait to cut out of here.</p>

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
<p>Nicole -  How cool that you got to see Gaela and family and Michael.  Sounds like you also got to spend some quality time with your bike :)</p>
<p>Staci - hope you got that run in tonight.  It takes some time to adjust to all the new schedules.  How is your ds doing at school?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I think I had the worst 6mi run today.  I don't know what was wrong with me but I just wanted to stop and walk and I really had to work hard to keep moving.  It was really humid and kind of warm so I think that may have been part of it.  Tomorrow will be better I'm sure!</p>

·
Registered
12,634 Posts
<p><strong>I JUST RAN!!!!!!!!!!! </strong> Granted, it was literally for 2 minutes per doc's restrictions but I RAN!!!  Took Tahiri (our female pup) w/ me and tried her out on the roads w/ the leash.  She did pretty good!   We both have some work to do but at least I have a buddy to do it with! </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sisu - hang in there!!!  You got it done and that is what counts!</p>
<p>Sudsy - tell Tank that the pups got these super cool light up/blinky collars at the expo!!  When they run around the yard at night it looks like UFO's!!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hey, did I mention that I just ran?!?!?!?  :)</p>

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
<p>Nice Nicole!!  So happy for you!  It's nice to have a 4 legged running partner.  Mine is taking some time off for a boo boo on his paw.  We go to the vet tomorrow to have it checked out.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I was just checking out the Wineglass Marathon website and registration closed in early August and they will have about twice as many runners as last year!  wowza!!  I will definitely be signing up for Boston on the day it opens this year!  I'm sure it will sell out quickly with all of the Oct fast marathons and people who will BQ.</p>

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.