Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

Running Moms and Dads, Tuesday

786 views 18 replies 9 participants last post by  originalsuds 
#1 ·
<p>Good morning!</p>
<p>A short run and workout for me this morning.</p>
<p>Looks like another day of rain here, although I shouldn't complain. It's been a pretty dry summer overall.</p>
<p>Sisu, I hope the IT is doing ok. Sounds like you had a nice run, though. I hope to be able to get Tank to put in a few miles with me as he gets bigger. It looks like I'll be doing the HM that DW and DD will be doing on Oct. 3rd since I'll be able to get a dog sitter. I'm looking forward to that!</p>
<p>Johnny, sounds like you got lucky even though you lost one bike. Keep an eye out for it. And God help the person who has it in his possession when you find it!</p>
<p>Fer and Ron, sounds like another great time coming up for you! I'm sure the days will drag until you leave.</p>
<p>Nicole, sounds like you're coming along! Hopefully you'll be back to normal soon. My oldest goes back to school next Monday and then the youngest goes back the Monday after that. Yes, Tank will miss them a lot!</p>
<p>Lb, nice to hear that Max is sleeping well! Hope the temps drop soon for you!</p>
<p>Batmomm, hope the dinner went well and you had a good run!</p>
<p>Jen congrats on the tri! Nice job shaving the time off the bike portion. Must have been tough to finish with an uphill run, too.</p>

See less See more
#2 ·
<p>Hey Sudsy!  So glad to hear that you will be able to do the HM with your dd and dw.  How does Tank do when you are at work?  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I just finished up a bunch of 400m repeats on the TM and my strength stuff and now it's time for coffee!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Jen - congratulations on your tri!!</p>

#3 ·
<p>Good morning Sisu! Nice speedwork!</p>
<p>Luckily the girls are home during the day. DD1 works at night, DD2 was working during the days up until last Friday. When they go back to school, we'll need to have a dog walker come in 3 times a week to take him out. We'll be using that same person for the day of the race and also for some football games so things should work out pretty good.</p>

#4 ·
<p> Morning everyone!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Got 4 in yesterday and another 4 in this morning! I am struggling a little right now trying to figure out when I am going to run once Thursday comes and all the craziness begins.  I go back to work on Thursday this wk, ds2's fb prac schedule changes to their school schedule that day (4-6)  as well, dh usually works until 6pm and we need to get ds2 picked up after that from prac. Usually I would run right after work the last few yrs but now I have no one to watch ds3 and he is too big for the jogging stroller and not good enough on a bike to go more then a mile.  The sun is coming up later now and I begin work at 730am so it is going to be hard to get out in the mornings,  I cant run at 630pm because I want us to be able to sit down and eat supper as a family when everyone gets home so if I wait until after that it is going to be too late to run outside anyway!  I am thinking I am going to be stuck to a tm durring the wk now! I hate this juggling, hate the thought of giving up my morning runs outside and I hate the TM! YUCK and all of this is making me crabby! I think I should quit work so I can run whenever I want! :) I will mention that to dh tonight!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Morning Suds! Have a great day! Are you & DW looking forward to the quiet that fall will bring your house?? We are still adjusting....dh commented last night that it is really different w/out ds1 here and then I cried some more!   :(  He has stopped over a few times though and ir really loving it so far!! So that is giving me some peace! Def a new chap in our lives! Tell me the 2nd yr is easier! :)</p>
<p>Morning Sisu...nice job on the speedwork..enjoy that coffee! When do your kids go back??</p>
<p> </p>
<p>alright gotta run...taking ds's out for lunch after fb and then still need to get 1 more pair of school shoes for ds3..he hates wearing socks and shoes so this should be fun! :D</p>

#5 ·
<p>I CAN WALK!!!!!  Wooo Hooo!! </p>
<p>Doc got me in my running shoes today.  He had to do some temporary modifications to my orthotics to make it work.  He also relaced my shoes some weird way to keep pressure off that point of my foot.  He says the bone is healing just really really slow.  He said I can walk for 10 minute spurts for the next two weeks.  Then if it is feeling good, I can add 2 minute jogs into the walks. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Gaela - Richmond may not happen for a couple of reasons.  One, I may not be ready (according to doc) and two, DD10 wants to do the lung cancer run and it is the same weekend. :(  I may either walk that or bike it w/ her if I get clearance.  I'll let you know.  Still going to Va Beach though!  My friend's DH is bringing my bike for me so we can all bike together to different spots along the course and cheer!  He says we'll bike on the beach so if I fall down it won't hurt too bad!!  LOL!!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sudsy - I'll watch Tank on the 3rd!!!!!  Is there a good place to meet 1/2 way where I can pick him up?  ;)  GL w/ that race!  I am sure it will be a blast running w/ the fam!! </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sisu - I have been thinking about you all the time b/c I keep having dreams about running barefoot in grass!!  LOL!!  Don't know what is up w/ that!!!  Good job on the repeats!!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Staci - tell DS3 he has to run w/ you!!  JK!!  If I walk this 5K in October I will have to put DD6 in a jogging stroller!!  THE KID IS OVER 4 FEET TALL!!!!  The rules are, no kids on the course if they are under 7 unless they are in a stroller.  I may have to sit it out but DD10 wants to do it SO BAD and there are so many people - I may have to find her a buddy. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Jen Jen - gotta go check out your tri report!!!!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>School starts tomorrow for my girls!!!  I can't WAIT!!!  LOL!!!  Last year of elementary school for DD10!!!  :( </p>

#6 ·
<p>Nice Job Jen Jen!!!  Dont' kick so hard and your chip will stay on!! LOL!!  Was it one of those velcro strap ones?  Next time bring some athletic tape and tape around it.  You know the stuff that they use when they take blood - it sticks to itself, is waterproof and is very flexible.  Just leave the chip itself uncovered.  I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!  Keep up the awesome work!!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Oh - forgot to mention.  As we were driving to the doc this morning (had to take the girls) there were all these runners out.  DD10 commented on in and finished w/ "I think they know you can't run Mommy so they are trying to make you feel bad!".  LOL!!  What's up w/ that?!?!?!?  She told the doc that too!!!  Maybe that is why he cleared me to walk!! </p>

#7 ·
<p>Hi all!  How is your Tuesday going?  It looks like there is a light at the end of the tunnel as far as the kitchen goes.  They cleaning out all the plastic that has it sealed off this morning and removing their air filters.  This afternoon someone will come by to take measurements and make an estimate for repair.  So maybe the rebuild will start as soon as tomorrow?  That might be wishful thinking, but we shall see.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I ended up with 5.5 miles yesterday.  I'm not sure how far I will run today.  I'm sort of busy with people coming to the house and then taking ds to jr. high registration, and I want to get some time by the pool this afternoon since it's going to be 100 degrees. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I need to start getting some longer runs in.  I'm thinking a HM in late Oct.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Suds-That's great that you will be able to run the HM with dd and dw.  That should be lots of fun.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Susan-Nice job on your repeats.  How many did you do?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hi Staci-I'm sorry you have to go back to work.  It's so hard to make everything fit into the schedule.  I hope you find a good time when you are able to run.</p>

#13 ·
<p>Hey there!  Two weeks until school starts- I'm counting down the hours.  We've had a fun summer but the bickering and energy level of my youngsters is driving me crazy.  Little DS starts K this year so it will be very quiet and I'm sure I'll complain about that too.  I'm really looking forward to finding a job.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I ran 3 this morning and it was actually not hot outside!  I'm going to the pool with a friend tomorrow and it's only supposed to be 88 so she's not sure if it's warm enough to go.....funny!  I can relate LB to wanting to put a sweater on when it's still in the high 80's.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Thank you all for the tri cheers!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Nicole- CONGRATS ON THE WALKING!!!!!  Great news!  I'm sad about Richmond :(.  My chip was on a velcro thing and they warned us they have fallen off in the past.  I panicked when it started to come off and never got into a good groove.  I'll def. use the tape you suggested next time.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>LB- It was a pool swim.  I'm doing an open water swim in September and I'm nervous about it.  I tried wet suits on a few weeks ago and that was a hoot.  Boy are they tight.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Suds- pictures of tank please :).  I'm glad you found someone to walk him.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sisu- I keep thinking of you each time I see your "barefoot" shoes.  When you your kids start school?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>SB- I used to run in the dark- not a wise thing but it worked if I stayed on main streets and wore a vest.  It's hard to balance it all when working and being around for the kids.  How is your oldest doing?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Fer- I'm glad your kitchen is back to normal!  Finally!</p>
<p> </p>

#15 ·
<p>Yay Nicole!!  You keep dreaming of running barefoot on grass because you know you wanna try it!  So glad to hear that you are making progress with your foot!</p>
<p>Jen - I'm with you counting down the days until school starts!  My kids start next Wednesday the 1st. I have to laugh that your friend was thinking 88 might not be warm enough!  It's in the low 70s here today and we think it's warm!  :)</p>
<p>Fer - I hope they get that work done quickly!  Are your girls going to school in CA?  Good luck to them!  I only did 6 400s today because I'm trying to be careful with my IT band.  It feels OK today so hopefully that's good news.</p>
<p>Staci - that's a crazy schedule - I hope you can fit in your runs without having to be on the TM all the time.</p>
<p>Suds - I'm going to be at the game on 9/26 - you gonna be there?  I have a group of friends that go each year to celebrate a bday and last year I missed it.  Should be fun!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>have a good afternoon!</p>

#16 ·
<p>Susan-Good news that your IT band felt ok today.  Hopefully it stays that way.  No, my girls aren't going to school in CA.  They are back in Boise.  So, I will miss their first day of school which is kind of a bummer.  But, it was time for their dad to have them since I had them all summer long.  I will go back on the 15th of Sept, and after that I will start up my back and forth every two weeks.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I ran 4 miles.  It was ok.  I lifted weights yesterday and I was a little sore for that, so it kind of slowed me down a little.</p>

#17 ·
<p>Afternoon my running friends.  I got a pretty good work out in this morning.  I just wanted to post something quick and say hi.  Tonight is Pizza and salad night.  The kitchen is in too big of a mess to eat there every night.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>For the record it will top out at 107 here by my office.</p>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.