Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,755 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Good morning!</p>
<p>Just a short run and workout this morning.</p>
<p>It's only Thursday? Seems like a long week for some reason. Oh well, we're getting there I guess.</p>
<p>Hope you all have a great day!</p>

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
<p> Hey guys!  Yep Sudsy - it is only Thursday and it seems like a long week to me too.  Some of my swimmers called me yesterday and invited me to thier CC meet so I took DD6 and we went.  One of the girls ran 3.2 miles, on trails and it grass, in the POURING rain with mud and puddles, on hills, etc. in 27.28.  AND SHE IS ONLY A SOPOHMORE!!!!  She got second by just a hair - the girl who won outleaned her at the end.  The last 100 yds (the last 300 were on the track) both girls kicked it in so hard and everyone was screaming like crazy!!!  It was AWESOME!!!  My other swimmers did great too and what was really nice was that the CC coach complemented me on my coaching and said that he noticed how much the girls running has improved from swimming over the summer!  That totally made my day!!! </p>

·
Registered
9,052 Posts
<p>sweet running kids Nicole!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>and totally agreeing with you Paul.  I tried to fake it through Wed but god this week is long.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We are very close to opening our new state of the art, gorgeous club so in the next week or so I have so many meetings and trainings and crap to attend.  Including a mandatory meeting to shoot the shit and eat hot dogs--WTF??  Today I think is lower body and what? no running?  hmmm that doesn't see right, LOL.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>on crazier thoughts, Michael boarded a plane this morning headed for CO.  He's got Pike's Peak on Sunday...<shakes head in disbelief></p>

·
Registered
4,748 Posts
<p>Paul...quit wishing the wk away!!  alright! :)</p>
<p>batmomm...hmmmmm hotdogs! ;)  have a great workout! GO MICHAEL!! Is he doing Twin Cities again this yr?<br>
HI Nicole!! I want to sign up ds3 this winter for the youth swim team in town! he needs some more lessons first though and we prob wont do any meets this yr but I want to get him started! I agree swimming is such a great sport that helps you in many other sports as well! </p>
<p> </p>
<p>no running yet, overslept and didnt have time to sneak out b4 I had to take ds to football and now I am the only 1 home with ds3 and he is still sleeping! I HAVE to get out and get a pedi today :) and a gift for our friends weddding this wkend, plus finish up some classes I am taking for my grant! Really would like to start spending those $$ on a few things before I go back to work! I will prob have to run this afternoon or early evening....my days are getting busier and I am not ready for this! 1 wk from today I am back at work! CRAP!</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
5,316 Posts
<p>Happy Thursday, RMADs!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sudsy, good job Mr. Consistent!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Morning Nicole and Gaela and Staci. Hope you ladies have a great day.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Elise's preschool started back today, and she is in her new class. It's the Pre-K class, and I hope she likes her teachers. DB and I are playing pass the baby so that I can have coffee and whatnot, and then I'm going to sling him so I can do some stuff in the kitchen. I always make up a big container of salad at least once a week and we used up the last yesterday. I'm officially down over 40 lbs, don't want to talk about how much left I need to lose. I've lost most of the baby weight but I need to lose what I put on before that.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
9,131 Posts
<p>Note to friends.  3M brand double sided foam tape will rip large chunks of sheet rock off your living room walls if you try to remove it w/ force.  Pictures draw by your children and casually hung over the holes will cover them up nicely.  I let you know when DH figures out what I did.  :) </p>

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
<p>Ugh.  I am tired today.  I was exhausted last night and I still didn't sleep well.  It didn't help that one of our phones started going dead at 2:30 and started beeping and woke us up.  I had never heard that sound before, though, so it took me awhile to figure out where it was coming from.  But, other than that I was still tossing and turning all over the place.  If the kids will let me, I will try to take a nap later.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I ran 4 miles last at the gym last night, but I felt awful.  I really hadn't eaten anything during the day and it was super hot and it was my 7th day in a row of running, so I guess all of those things just added up to make me feel bad.  Oh well.  Today is a new day and it is probably a running rest day.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Suds-I totally agree.  This week is dragging by!!  Do you have any fun plans for the weekend?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Nic-Watching the CC meet sounds fun.  It sounds like that girls got some great running potential!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Gaela-Very exciting about the new club.  You fitness freaks eat hot dogs?  LOL  That seems strange.  I can't believe Michael is doing Pike's Peak!!!!  Wow.  I can't even wrap my brain around how hard that race has to be. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Staci-I'm sorry you have to go back to work soon.  That's never fun.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Aimee-I hope Elise has a great day at pre school and that she loves her new teachers.</p>

·
Registered
4,670 Posts
<p>Hi all!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I didn't get up early enough to get my run done and now I'm pissed at myself.  Oh well, I'll either do it later tonight or just skip it - I hate it when I do this!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sudsy - the week will be over before you know it!  </p>
<p>Nicole - I love races that end that way!  I wish I could repeat my senior year of track over again - I LOVE running on the track!  Those swimmers are so lucky to have you as their coach!  you rock.</p>
<p>Gaela - sounds like you are one busy lady.  Mandatory meeting to eat hot dogs = torture. </p>
<p>LB - I can't even stand how cute baby Max is.  Is he the smiliest baby ever?  Congrats on the weight loss!  It took me a full year each time to get back to "normal" (although there is no normal after having a baby or two! or four!)</p>
<p>Staci - back to work next week? yikes!  You are a busy lady, too.  Enjoy the pedi and your run!</p>
<p>Fer - I hate that feeling of a cruddy run!  I'm totally changing my diet with the help of a dietician and I now realize how drastically eating the wrong things or not eating affects how I feel on a run and after.  I hope you get some rest today.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>When does school start for everyone?  We start on 9/1 and I'm wishy washy about it.  Summer goes by too fast but my kids need to be back in school and I need to regain some sanity!</p>

·
Registered
3,978 Posts
<p>Susan-Sorry you missed your run today.  That's great that you are working on your diet.  I know I could be eating so much better than I do to feel better when I run.  My problem this summer is that I haven't been eating enough.  I hardly ever have any appetite.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>My girls start back to school on Wed.  The rest of our kids don't go back until the 13th, so they've still got awhile.  Summer does go by too fast, but I think it's time.</p>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.