Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,064 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Good morning.  I met my sister at the track this morning and we did a little speedwork.  Just trying it out, we'll see if it helps.  Working today and then going to a little family cookout.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I hope you all have a great day!</p>

·
Registered
8,706 Posts
<p>Hey Andi - Nice job on the speedwork! Have fun at the cookout.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I finished Wk1 of C25K this morning. I think I'm going to do Wk1 again. I'd like to get my stamina up a bit before moving on to Wk2. Nothing interesting here. Getting my oldest ready for college and my youngest ready for youth camp next week.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Have great runs and cross trains today!</p>

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
<p>Hey there!  I rode this morning with a friend.  I have no idea how far we ended up going but we were gone 1.5 hours.  I nearly got us killed in one intersection, but we made it back alive.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I got to see Gaela last night!!  I haven't seen her in ages.  It was great to catch up.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Andi- nice job w/the speedwork!</p>
<p>Chosha- congrats on finishing W1!</p>
<p>Suds- I hope since you're not posting early in the AM you are sleeping in!</p>

·
Registered
9,140 Posts
<p>Hey peeps, been a bit MIA here.  Finally got rid of the extended family.  Love those guys but two long visits 4 days apart, the last for 10 days, is a bit too much family togetherness for my taste.  Now we have to whip the house back in shape and get the girls ready for camp and us ready for NYC next week.  Only 6.5 miles so far this week.  At least 6 tonight, maybe 12.</p>

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
<p>HI all.  6mi done on the TM for me today. My dh had a bike wreck this morning and luckily he's alright.  Lots of bloody road rash and a sore shoulder - his helmet saved his head for sure.  He wiped out on some slippery train tracks but was able to ride home.  I'm glad he had his buddy with him.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>JB -  I had a little too much family togetherness last week - a full week of camping with my dh's family.  3 days would have been perfect but 7 days was too much.  Have a good run</p>
<p>Jen - nice job on your bike ride today.  Glad you survived the intersection!</p>
<p>Andi - good job on the speedwork this morning.  I bet it's nice to have your sister to run with!  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I just signed up for the Baystate Marathon last night.  It's almost full and I decided to do that one instead of the VT marathon I was planning to do.  Less travel to get to Lowell and I can stay with friends.  </p>

·
Registered
9,140 Posts
<p>Susan, glad to hear DH is Ok.  Life is so fragile.  I attended the wake of one of my favorite local running rivals yesterday.  Remember a while back I used to talk about that guy in his 50s that always kicked my ass?  We ended up meeting at a race a year or two ago and would always hang out together before and after races.  He would ALWAYS win his age group.  I finally started to beat him occasionally, but he set several standards last year, including a 1:28:30 Half that it will probably take me years to ever crack.  Anyway, shortly after getting back from my big run/ride last Saturday, I was informed that Mark had come home after his run Friday and suffered a massive heart attack and died.  Very sad for me as I truly enjoyed racing with this guy and hanging out together, real genuine salt of the earth.  We cooled down together at the Fairport 5 Mile race on 4th of July weekend and told each other we'd catch up at the next RROY race.  But that was the last I'd ever see of him.  Still can't believe he's gone.  He will be missed very much.  I told his wife and son what a terrific guy he was.  His son has asked the NYC race director if they will let him run with his father's bib for the marathon in November.  I hope they do.  What a fitting tribute that would be.   </p>

·
Registered
11,285 Posts
<p>Hi everybody!</p>
<p>John, so sorry to hear about your friend. Man, that is truly sad.</p>
<p>Chosha, keep up the good work!</p>
<p>Andi, nice job on the speed work this morning!</p>
<p>Jen, nice riding, glad you made it through safely.</p>
<p>Sisu, sorry to hear about DH, hope he recovers quickly. You're in for Bay State? That's great! I'm still on the fence, not knowing how I'll be feeling. I should probably sign up anyway before it gets full and takes away my choice.</p>

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
<p>Hey Paul - Baystate was almost full last night - I think they say on the webpage that the marathon closes at 2000 and they are at 1937 or something like that as of a few days ago.  You could always drop down to the HM if you're not ready for the full.  Or you can run me in the last 6+mi if you want to do something shorter! :D  (You may have to drag me)  I'm looking forward to running it again and hopefully I won't feel so crappy after this time!  Hope you are enjoying your vacation!</p>

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
<p>Afternoon everyone!<br><br>
Jb...so sorry to hear about your friend.  You are right, life is short and fragile and we need to be reminded of that occasionally!! Glad to hear the company is gone and your house will be a little quieter now! :)</p>
<p>Great Job CHO on the C25K!! WTG!<br>
Nice workout  ANDI!</p>
<p>Hey Susan! Nice run! Ihave 6 to get in today too!<br>
Hi Suds..hope you are having a great vaca!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Our summer is flying! This wk it has been tball, baseball, a few park and pool outings with friends, swim lessons, library, last night we were invited over by a family whose little boys ds3 has gotten to be friends with this past yr for a grill out, home run derby and backyard baseball game! It was a blast and ds slept with his little trophy the mom gave to all the kids! Tomorrow it is to another one of ds3's friends' lake cabin for the day! I am never home, my house is a pigsty and am exhausted each night! But we are having a blast! It is so fun now for ds3 to be making his own friends and becoming more social! I get sad each time I start thinking about heading into August for I know our summer will be coming to a close! :(   Tonight I am getting together with friends from hs for some wine and tapas!  But I need to go get my run in now...just got home from the chiro a bit ago and she has really helped my priformis issues! Happy Thursday!<br>
 </p>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.