Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12,634 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Hey friends!!  Hope everyone is having a great weekend!!  I have gotten lots of rest, swam a bit yesterday and was able to kick w/o pain (a little tightness but that is to be expected as I have been told) and went for a BIKE RIDE today!!!  Only about 3 miles if I am lucky but I did it nonetheless.  My friend's DH showed me how to work the gears (I had never learned) and I did not have to get off and walk up any hills (which was my biggest fear).  So all in all, I think it was a successful weekend!  I have replaced (wouldn't say "officially") my desk chair w/ an exercise ball in an effort to improve posture and core strength.  Haven't fallen off it yet although DH did make a plea for me to not make the change.  He said he didn't want to come home and find me unconscious on the floor and bleeding from my head.  Tomorrow I think I will put foam or bubble wrap on all corners of the house - JK!!!  LOL!!! </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Gonna see Gaela and maybe Michael at VB next weekend!!!  If Michael comes I told him he could have my bib.  Looking forward to seeing what my PR will be!!!  LOL!!!  Athlinks should be very confused!!! </p>

·
Registered
3,018 Posts
<p>Hey Nicole.  Congrats on the bike ride!  I need to get one some time soon as well.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I ran from work again today.  I think that as the weather cools off I will make this a Sat/Sun ritual.  There is a trail head about half a mile from my office, it is gravel right now but I think it will be paved before the end of September.  It runs right along the edge of a river and is pretty nice.</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.