Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

Running Moms and Dads, Monday

981 Views 15 Replies 5 Participants Last post by  Ron
<p>Good morning!</p>
<p>Missed my run this morning because I messed up setting my alarm. Oh well, tomorrow is another day. Hope you all had a great weekend, whether it was mowing the lawn or sipping drinks by the pool!</p>
<p>Ding dong the witch is dead!</p>
Reactions: 1
1 - 3 of 16 Posts
<p>Good morning!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Suds - The extra sleep will do you good!!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We had a good weekend.  It's been super busy with baseball and lacrosse, but hockey is FINALLY over!!!  We had 2 baseball wins, 1 lax loss and 1 win.  My face is sunburned on 1 side from sitting at the fields from 10 am until 4:30 pm.  I look like a freak!  I had 2 great early morning runs and this is the last week of heavy running before taper.  Yikes!</p>
<p>Staci - Sorry the toe and foot are bother you but wearing flip flops in the snow is funny.  There are a lot of kids around here who play the same sport year round.  My kids do not.  For 1 thing, they like to switch things up.  I think they get burned out from playing only 1 sport.  Plus I think that concentrating on 1 really young can lead to overuse injuries at a younger age.  They need to do other things to keep muscle imbalances at bay.  I think we are also aware that although they are decent athletes, maybe fairly talented, but not one of them is going to make a career of it so they should just have fun playing and being a kid. </p>
<p>QOD - I have absolutely no coordination whatsoever so I could never, ever be a pro athlete!  I didn't play any sports growing up and can't catch, throw, kick or hit any type of ball.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'll stick to what I can achieve, a somewhat decent, middle of the pack, recreational runner.</p>
1 - 3 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.