Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Good morning and Happy Monday!</p>
<p>Had a good weekend, always nice to get back into the stadium and let it rip!</p>
<p>Got in my 20 miles before the game, had to start at 5:00am but it was worth it. Enjoyed the tailgating even more.</p>
<p>Hope you all have a great day!</p>

·
Registered
9,140 Posts
<p>Sudsy nice work yesterday!  Good game too.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Well it looks like I lost my wallet.  Not too concerned about the bank cards, but I had my current license and two previous ones, not sure why i was hanging on to those.  Also had $100.  When it rains, it pours.  The last time I remember having it was at the grocery store last night.  They have not seen any wallets.  Turned the house upside down and nothing.  I am usually very good with keeping stuff in the same place so this is really driving me nuts.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Driving the lead car at the marathon was fun yesterday.  Winner finished in 2:29.  Got quoted in the write-up by the guy who I was driving for the newspaper.  <a href="http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20100913/SPORTS/9130318/Thousands-of-runners-flock-to-Rochester-Marathon" target="_blank">http://www.democratandchronicle.com/article/20100913/SPORTS/9130318/Thousands-of-runners-flock-to-Rochester-Marathon</a></p>
<p> </p>
<p>Calf still not good and managed to burn my skin using a heating pack on it last night.  Just call me schleprock.  6 miles in 8 days....</p>

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
<p>So glad to hear that you had a good run yesterday before the game Suds!  I didn't watch the game but I did hear that they won :)  I'm looking forward to lots of fun at the game with my friends in two weeks!  </p>
<p>JB - sorry to hear about your wallet.  I hope it turns up in your house - any chance Socksy is playing games with you?  :)  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I did a long-ish run today and it was going great until about mile 9.5.  I felt strong and was running well and then my knee shut me down.  I had to do the runner's walk of shame (walk/run/shuffle/grimace in pain) for the last 2.5mi to get back to my car.  My chiro is now thinking that i might have a meniscus tear but I don't know.  I can't even wrap my brain around that idea right now.  </p>

·
Registered
9,140 Posts
<p>Susan, that really sucks.  I wish I could get my calf to simmer down or I am going to literally lose all my fitness.  I might have to start swimming even though I dont know how</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Colleen found my wallet out on the lawn, soaking wet, but intact with cash and credit cards.  WHEW!  Huge sigh of relief over here.</p>

·
Registered
9,678 Posts
<p>Well it is back to work and I have come to the conclusion that I like vacation better.  We had a great time and it was hard to come back but I missed the kids and look forward to hear how their first day of school went today.  We managed to work out almost every day and also walk a ton.  We flew into LAX at 11pm last night so I am dragging today.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Paul glad you got a good run in but I don't think the game was as great as you thought.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>JB glad you found your wallet and sorry about the calf.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Susan don't say the M word.  It probably only needs ice.</p>

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
<p>Hey Ron!  Glad you had a good trip.  The pics Fer posted were amazing but of course my favorite shot was you being a goofball in the elevator.  haha!   I won't say the "M" word anymore.  I refuse to believe that is what I'm dealing with.</p>
<p>JB - phew.  glad the wallet was found!</p>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.