Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
11,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Good morning!</p>
<p>Is it Monday already? Vacation is over and back to the grind.</p>
<p>I had to pass on running this morning. Yesterday we had a cookout at the house for the family and it was a good time, but all that Sam Adams has left my ass dragging this morning. Hopefully coffee will get me going.</p>
<p>Hope you all have a great day today.</p>

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
<p>Good morning!!  It's finally supposed to cool down today- only a high of 93...it's sad that temp. seems cool.  I ran 4 this morning with  my heart rate monitor- I thought my heart rate would be lower than it actually was...oh well.  I guess I have something to work towards. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>We're spending the day at the pool with some good friends I haven't seen in ages.  The boys and I are looking forward to it.  Then we're celebrating DH's birthday.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Suds-  I hope your first day back at work goes well.  It sounds like you had a great cookout (if Sams is involved it's bound to be good!).</p>

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
<p>Good morning.  </p>
<p>Sorry your vacation is over, Paul! Glad you enjoyed the cookout yesterday.</p>
<p>Jen - have fun at the pool with your friends.  Are you going to start using a HRM in your training?  I have a friend who swears by it but I haven't really tried it.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>We spent the weekend in NH and yesterday at Storyland.  We all had a great time!  I thought the kids would be bored there after a few hours but we stayed until they closed.  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>I had a really nice, low humidity run this morning without a swarm of deer flies chasing me.  7.2mi total and about 3mi of that barefoot on really nice soft dewy grass.  It was a great way to start the day!</p>

·
Registered
12,634 Posts
<p>Hey friends.  I go back to the doc tomorrow to look at my foot.  It is not doing nearly as good as I would like at this point.  I really need to do SOMETHING to get rid of all this friggin' anxiety and frustration.  I am finding that when I swim, even if I don't kick, it still gets pretty sore so I am concerned that the swimming has been slowing the healing time.  :( </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sudsy - thought of you the other day!  Our female pup bumped into the deck table and knocked DH's beer over.  She then proceeds to lick up the spilled beer!!!  We stopped her before she could get too far but every day she goes out and sniffs that spot!! LOL!!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Jen Jen.  I am so sad.  I need to come to Richmond for a visit.  I need a goal to train for.  Pending tomorrow's appt., I am still hopeful for Richmond in Nov.  I am thinking Virginia Beach is out for the run but I am still going. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sisu - glad you had a great run!!!  Run another for me, K?!?! </p>

·
Registered
9,678 Posts
<p>Afternoon my running friends.  Another busy weekend with baseball. My son played for a different team and they were one really bad call from the championship game.  Oh well such is baseball.  It was a lot of fun though.  Next week is vacation for us so we can't wait.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Paul sorry your vacation is over.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Jen maybe your heart rate was high because of the heat?  I don't like to wear that strap so I never use mine.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Your weekend sounded fun Susan.  What is storyland?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Nicole sorry your foot is bothering you.  I am looking into getting a bionic leg.  I think it might make me faster.  The only problem is I will have to learn to run in circles.</p>

·
Registered
6,237 Posts
<p>Susan- I'm not sure if I'm going to use it on a regular basis.  The strap bothers me but it's very interesting.  It wasn't too hot (78 degrees)  but extremely humid and I was soaked in sweat.  I even had it dripping of the beak of my hat...I guess that means I worked hard right?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>(((((NIcole)))))))  I would think you should just rest for a bit and see what happens.  DS's fracture and my SF were sore much longer than I expected too.  I hope the doctor gives you some good information.  I never went back for mine or DS's because I didn't care for the doctors, otherwise I probably would have.</p>
<p>NICOLE YOU NEED TO DO THE SANDMAN- and do it as a relay.  It's in Va Beach in Sept.  The swim is 1K open water, bike 12m, run 5k.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Ron- your kids play a lot of baseball!!  Wow!  I'm sorry about the bad call...very frustrating I'm sure.  Where are you going on vacation?</p>

·
Registered
12,634 Posts
<p>Jen - I can't do the tri - it is the weekend that DH and I are going to NC Beach for our anniversary.  Need to get him to bike and then NEXT YEAR we can do it as a 2 person relay!!  I swim, he bikes then I run!!! </p>
<p>Did you SF ever burn?  I am having MUCH weirder sensations than I did w/ the last SF.  It goes numb, it tingles, it feels like it is going to pop, it burns, it hurts, it aches.  It is really weird.  IDK.  I still want to come up to Richmond.  When does school start for your kids?</p>

·
Registered
12,634 Posts
<p>Ron, I seriously want a bionic foot or something.  They could cut it off at this point for all I care.  It has been plaguing me for 3+ years and this was literally the straw that broke the damn foot. </p>

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
<p>Ron - are you still having problems with your leg?  Storyland is an amusement park in New Hampshire.  Its low key and small but we have fun there.</p>
<p>((Nicole)) that pain in your foot sounds awful!  What part of your foot?  I will run for you tomorrow.</p>
<p>Jen - I tried a HRM a year or two ago and the strap drove me crazy.  It was really uncomfortable and I felt like I couldn't breathe.  That sounds like one sweaty run!  </p>

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.