Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
11,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Good morning and Happy Friday!</p>
<p>Hope you all have a good long weekend coming up!</p>
<p>I decided to switch around my rest day because of a family gathering on Sunday, so today I did my Saturday run and tomorrow will be my long run.</p>
<p>Sisu, hope things cool off for you, it's been a long, hot, humid week. How's it feel to be a human pin cushion? They say the hurricane should be hitting here mid day. I think it's not going to be as strong as they originally figured, but I'm sure a lot of my customers will cancel today or want their cars done before noon.</p>
<p>Fer, nice job on the 10! You must be more than ready for tomorrow, hope you both have a great time!</p>
<p>Off to the shower!</p>

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
<p>Hey Paul.  I never thought I'd say this but I'm looking forward to some cooler weather!  Hopefully it will be nice for your long run tomorrow. How far you going tomorrow?</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
11,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>Good morning Sisu! Yes, we need a break from this crappy weather. 11 hours a day in this humidity tends to wipe me out.</p>
<p>Tomorrow I plan on 19 miles, hopefully the rain will have moved out by then.</p>

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
<p>So Paul, it seems to me that you are training for a marathon.  Do you have one planned?  I hope you have good weather tomorrow!  Rain is better than this heat and humidity, right?</p>

·
Registered
11,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<p>Sisu, I find that the best way to keep motivated is to have a plan that tells me what to do every day. I decided to just try to stay on a plan that would bring me to a marathon distance in the fall. So far I'm handling the distance, but my pace has dropped way off. If I can get up to a couple of 20 milers and I don't fall apart, I may sign up for a marathon anyway. I should have signed up for Baystate, but it's too late for that now. Maybe Cape Cod, I'll have to see how it goes.</p>

·
Registered
5,963 Posts
<p>TGIF!! 1 wk down! only around 30 to go I believe! :) </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Got 8 miles in on Wed night and 3.5 in this morning! It was cool, I wore a long sleeve and capri running tights...had my hands tucked into my hand covers on the shirt for most of the run!  My hip/butt has been feeling better, hoping the lack of running I did in Aug has helped! :) At least then I have an excuse for my laziness! :) Now I just need to keep up with my strength stuff! Heading out for a wkend camping trip with 3 other families...same group we were with last labor day, i am ready to get out of town and I plan on having my "toes in the water, ass in the sand, not a worry in the world, a cold drink in my hand" most of the wkend! :)  It has been a long ass wk!  Hoping to get a couple runs in while we are gone, my running partner is one of the other families going so hoping we can sneak out!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Suds..nice mileage! Have a great long run tomorrow and so glad to hear your hip/butt are holding up!! Enjoy the wkend!<br>
Sisu...how is  your quiet house?  Hope your leg is doing good?  Is it the IT band??</p>
<p>Ron&Fer...have a wonderful time in Hawaii!! Enjoy the quiet! :)</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Happy Labor Day wkend everyone! Wishing you a wonderful relaxing wkend and great runs! :)</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
9,678 Posts
<p>Morning my running friends.  I have run three times this week but nothing special to speak of but my legs seems fine.   I will try to get some type of work out in today and finish packing later.  I plan on getting out of here early today.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Paul have a fun 19 tomorrow and watch out for Earl.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sisu I am looking forward to cooler temps too.  I wish we would get some rain though.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Staci good job on the running and have a great weekend!!!</p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
9,140 Posts
<p>Hey guys.  Did almost 12 miles this morning.  Racing a 12K tomorrow and was hoping to get in 15 but didn't have time.  I was chugging along at a nice clip, right on schedule to get home by 7AM to take the kids to school and I got to the O'Roarke bridge just as it had gone up to let a boat through.  I love how traffic comes to a grinding halt so some pleasure boater can go fishing while hundreds of people are trying to get to work.  Anyway, blew my pace and cost me about 5 minutes or so, but quite honestly, I needed the break.  I was winded and soaked already, even at 6:30AM, and didn't have any fluids.  Still ended up with 7:45 avg pace for the whole run just jogging back and forth slowly waiting for the bridge, so I suspect I was closer to 7:30 pace or something like that.  Not sure until I get my PC back on line.  It was in the shop.  Turns out there was nothing wrong with it, but I swear it was beeping at me and wouldn't boot up. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Anyway, friends in from overseas on Sunday for a week.  Another comes in Monday.  TOmorrow weather looks spotty.  Hopefully can get some last minute yardwork done after the race.  Hopefully having a cookout Sunday but weather might also suck then too.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Stacie, are the windchills below zero yet?  :)  Camping trip sounds like a blast.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sudsy good luck on your 19</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Susan, needles in the face?  Where do I sign up.  How did you decide to try accupuncture?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Ron and Fer, hope you get the kitchen up and running before you lose your minds.</p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
5,315 Posts
<p>hey y'all, happy friday!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I had to take a break from exercise for a few days, I strained a muscle near my incision and that shit hurt. I'm trying to err on the side of caution right now.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I'm watching Max stare intently at the mobile on his swing while I drink another cup of coffee, and then we are headed to go get Elise from school. Exciting times! Might try and have our respective parents over this weekend to cook out.</p>

·
Registered
6,711 Posts
<p>Hi All!  Happy Friday!  I hope you all have fun plans for the long weekend.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I just need to finish up the last minute packing stuff.  I'm so ready to go!!!!  But, I also need to figure out how to leave a key for people to come work on the kitchen while we are gone and my land lord is not helping much.  She doesn't even live in town, and there is no one here with a key.  I asked her if she would reimburse me for a lock box and she said she would ask a friend if she had one, but has not gotten back to me.  I'm so annoyed.  This needs to get taken care of so things can actually get done.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I ran 3 easy miles last night and I will run after Ron gets home from work today.  I'm shooting for 30 miles this week and I'm almost at 22. </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Susan-Are your sinuses feeling better?  Did it hurt to have the needles in your face?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Suds-Enjoy your weekend!  Good luck on your 19 tomorrow.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Staci-Your camping trip sounds like lots of fun!  Enjoy!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>John-Good luck at your race tomorrow, and have fun!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Aimee-How's that sweet baby boy doing? </p>
<p> </p>

·
Registered
5,579 Posts
<p>Hey all!</p>
<p>Suds - sounds like a good plan to be ready for a marathon.  I wish you could use my reg for Baystate!  I hope you have a good run tomorrow.</p>
<p>Staci - nice running!  Hard to imagine having cold hands while running but I know it won't be long.  My IT band is feeling pretty good and hopefully I'll be OK for a long run this weekend.  Have fun camping!</p>
<p>Ron - are you excited for your trip? I hope you get some rain soon.</p>
<p>Fer - I hope you get the key thing figured out.  I'm so excited for you two to go to Hawaii!  Take lots of pics!  The needles in my face only hurt for a moment when she put them in.  </p>
<p>JB - nice running!  I am going to a nutritionist who does acupuncture and she has been helping me with my IT band and offered to help my sinus situation and it seems to have helped.  I've just started acupuncture and I think I've only been three times now.  </p>
<p>LB - good idea to take it easy exercise-wise!  No reason to be in pain, right?  </p>
<p> </p>
<p>Time to go get the first round of kids from the bus. </p>

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.