1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>Short report</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Very hilly course, temps into the upper 80s.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>1:44:55 - 1/4 AG, 8/444 OA</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Four other races around town at the same time, so many of the really fast people were not in this race. It felt great to be near the front. Until about mile 10, I could see the motorcycle ahead of the lead woman not too far in front of me.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Vicki took 3rd in AG, but didn't feel like she had a good race. The heat really bothered her and she had to walk on several of the hills.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>10K next Saturday and then a couple hours later we fly to the Outer Banks for a week to celebrate our 15th anniversary.</p>

·
Registered
2,778 Posts
<p>Congrats on the AG win and the very impressive showing in the OA.  Cool that you got to spend some time at the front.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Enjoy the OBX.  I was there this spring and loved it!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Mike</p>

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
<p>Thanks.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Not too long ago this time would have been a PR. To run this well on a very difficult course hopefully bodes well for my other races. A friend who did this race said it was the hardest race she had ever done. No doubt it felt that way for the vast majority who didn't train extensively for the hills, plus the heat.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Any good places to run in OBX?</p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.