Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p><a href="http://windypossibilities.blogspot.com/2010/08/17-weeks-to-ironman-cozumel-and-jacks.html" target="_blank">Jack's race report</a></p>
<p>Some fun pictures on the blog, but the short version is: It was a really fun race, I was 12 seconds from a PR, but I guess that's ok since it was about 20 degrees hotter this year than last! Compared to last year I was the same on the swim, faster on the bike, and slower on the run.</p>

·
Registered
8,149 Posts
<p>Great job Heather!  Guaranteed that if it hadn't been so hot you'd have nailed a solid new PR.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Great pics!!  (except the goat, that's kinda gross)</p>

·
Registered
8,190 Posts
<p>Good job dealing with the goat poo! I don't think you missed out not getting that warmup!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>for future races, consider leaving the garmin behind. Sounds like it really slowed you down, possibly you could have gotten your 12s back... just a thought. I love having a tech tool, for sure, but i've found sometimes it is more of a pain than it's worth.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Also, you look entirely too good on the bike, what a smile!! I think you need to push harder - ROFL so we get some really funny grimmace pictures for next year!!! hehe cuz ya know, it's all about us don't you!?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Sounds like you had a great time, you were darn near PR, and overall, I'd say a darn successful day.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>But goat poo? really. Eeew!</p>

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
<p>Kudos to you for an excellent finish in such non-perfect conditions: icky water, chip seal & heat!</p>
<p> </p>
<p>What a fun RR and great photos!</p>

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.