Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,<br><br>
Well I got through another week of the plan. I have to say I've been surprised how this has gone so far. I didn't expect it to go as well as it has, and I want to thank all of you for the support you've lended to me over the last 12 weeks.<br><br>
This past week, I had the following workouts planned.<br><br>
Monday: Rest or cross training.<br>
Tuesday: VO2max. 9m with 5x600m @ 5K pace jog 90 seconds in between.<br>
Wednesday: Medium long run. 14m.<br>
Thursday: Recovery + speed. 6m am with 6x100m strides. 4m pm.<br>
Friday: Recovery 5m.<br>
Saturday: 8-15K tuneup race.<br>
Sunday: 18m long run.<br><br>
What actually happened:<br><br>
Monday: I did my other workout routine.<br>
Tuesday: VO2max. 9m with 5x600m. Since I have no clue what my 5K pace is (I haven't run one in years), I went off of HR, and was able to get the HR where I wanted it.<br>
Wednesday: A 14.2 mile long run. I was going to do this run on the trail, but thunderstorm were predicted. Of course they never came to pass, but I didn't want to take any chances, so I did it on pavement.<br>
Thursday: 6m in the AM with 6 strides. The distance was inconsistent. I tried to do 20 second strides, but I couldn't see my HRM. 4m recovery on the trail in the afternoon.<br>
Friday: 5m recovery run on the trail.<br>
Saturday: I was away for the weekend, and finding a race where I was. So, instead I ran a 9 mile, hilly hard run where in the end, my HR got up to the high 180s. One thing I wasn't sure about is if this run should have been done at race pace for an 8-15K race, or if I should do my marathon pace for the 8-15K. I opted for the race pace of an 8-15K race.<br>
Sunday: 19.2 mile long run. This was a tough effort, as I forgot my Camelbak at home, and I forgot to bring my energy gels. I struggled through with handheld bottles and no gels.<br><br>
So, I got through the week. I even did an extra 1.4 miles. The planned mileage was 68. I did 69.4. I didn't do as much on the trail as I would have liked (just 9 miles).<br><br>
This week is one of the toughest, if not <b>the</b> toughest week of the plan. It is a 70 mile planned wweek with a tough 11m VO2 max workout (6x1000m VO2 max), a 15m medium long run, a 12m medium long run, and a 17m run with 14m @ marathon race pace. Throw in a few recovery runs, and you get the idea...it's not going to be an easy week. Especially given the fact that it is supposed to be hazy, hot, and humid this week.<br><br>
Right now, we're hanging tough.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts