Monday: Rest or cross training.<br>
Tuesday: General aerobic + speed, 8 miles with 10x100m strideouts<br>
Wednesday: Medium long run, 12 miles.<br>
Thursday: Recovery 5 miles<br>
Friday: General aerobic 9 miles<br>
Saturday: Recovery 5 miles<br>
Sunday: Long run 17 miles<br><br>
It went more like this:<br><br>
Monday: Rest. I had my nephew's confirmation rehearsal after work. No cross training.<br>
Tuesday: 8 miles with the 10x100m strideouts.<br>
Wednesday: 10 miles on the Merrimack River Trail. I got dehydrated and bonked, and couldn't do the 12 miles. It was over 90 degrees during the day on Wednesday, and was in the mid to high 80s when I ran.<br>
Thursday: 5 miles again in the heat.<br>
Friday: No run. My nephew's confirmation.<br>
Saturday: 12 miles on the Merrimack River Trail.<br>
Sunday: 17.4 miles, my normal 16 mile home loop and an add-on.<br><br>
Total miles 52.4<br>
Total planned miles 56.<br>
Miles on trail: 22.<br><br>
I felt okay, except for the dehydration and bonk. I considered repeating this week, but it's too early for me to use a mulligan.<br><br>
It wasn't quite the week I was hoping for, but I think it's close enough. On the plus side everything feels okay.

·
Registered
3,936 Posts
No Mulligans - You did fine - You ran at a distance and intensity that's close enough to call it good. Enjoy perfection when you hit the plan to a T, other weeks - know that you are following the spirit if the plan.<br><br>
Your 12 followed by 17+ makes this as good or better than his plan.

·
Premium Member
8,806 Posts
Concur. If you make 90% of your runs you're doing good. Just keep plugging away on the plan. The first mesocycle is all endurance anyway, something that you have aplenty.

·
Registered
3,314 Posts
Like Mikey said, you got the just of it. With all the training you've had before that I don't think 4 miles will hurt you too bad. Or at all actually...I think your 2 long days in a row really helped your endurance, which is what you're going for anyways.<br><br>
Alex

·
Registered
7,232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the input guys.<br><br>
I am surprised how good my knees have been holding up to the 6 days in a row. I think the trail running has a lot to do with that. Hopefully that will continue as the buildup continues.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts