Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

Reflections on the Ohio Primary

1K views 29 replies 8 participants last post by  bikegirl72 
#1 ·
....I am happy that it is over.<br><br>
We were pretty busy with all the campaign mail.<br><br>
Judging from the wall to wall TV ads, I am sure the Obama canpaign spent far more money than the Clinton campaign.<br><br>
But I think Hillary will win....at least in Ohio and Rhode Island.<br><br>
And, in a few months, we in the toss up state of Ohio will get even more attention from the Democratic and Republican campaigns than we've gotten the last month.

#11 ·
Apparently, they are running out of Democratic ballots at some polling places.<br><br>
A lot of people are switching parties to vote for the Democratic candidates.<br><br><a href="http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080304/NEWS01/303040022" target="_blank">http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.d...WS01/303040022</a>

#18 ·
I haven't talked to one person today who voted for Hillary. I voted for Obama. I saw Obama bumper stickers in the parking lot. I've seen Obama signs in yards during my runs. I've not seen anything from Hillary.<br><br>
I wonder how much paper and money they waste. I think I received about six or eight things from the two of them and didn't read any of them. I did recycle them, however. Just seems like a tremendous waste to me.

#23 ·
<br>
My parents were going to do this, but the thought of actually filling in that box for her made them physically ill and they couldn't seal the deal.<br><br>
I voted for Obama (I think I'm registered as Republican, too.) I voted for 3 of like 20 on the ballot. Obama, Owens (as coroner) and the zoo levy. All else I left blank because I have no idea who those people are.

#25 ·
What a zany election day, indeed!<br><br>
Last night was the worst ice storm I've seen. I'm sure it prevented people from voting here in Cuyahoga county. And as Bikegirl mentioned: The paper ballots were long.<br><br>
The poll hours extended here until 9pm, but the ice was very bad last night. Over 1/4" thick on my entire car. It took a considerable amount of time to chip/thaw the ice before driving last night. I voted by mail so I did not have to deal with the polls.<br><br>
Regarding the righties campaign for Clinton, voters had to register and select their ballot (Democratic or Republican) by February 4th, so its not as if any recent media push for Clinton would have had an impact. But I do see the Republicans desire to keep Clinton in the race.<br><br>
Looking at the states won, it appears Clinton has won the states with larger delegate counts. If delagates were seated all-or-nothing like the general, then I imagine Clinton would be leading by a wider margin. I think the Clinton camp will try to drive this point.<br><br>
Any word from the Secretary of State's office, declaring if the Ohio election a success?

#26 ·
<br>
This is not the case. To vote the other party in Ohio, all you had to do yesterday was request a Dem ballot when at the voting place. That's what I did. Ohio is an open primary...you can vote for either party, but only one party. So, your choices at the poll were: Democrat, Republican, or issues only. But, you didn't have to choose until you were at the polls.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.