Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>I'm doing a sprint tri on Saturday.  It's the first year for this venue and they are capping it at 250 people so I suspect it will be pretty low key.  However, the race start is at 2pm and I've never done a race that late in the day.  What should I do for fueling pre-race?  I'm thinking usual oatmeal for breakfast, light lunch, like maybe a sandwich, and then banana and Gatorade right before the start.  It's supposed to be pretty hot too so I guess I should try and stay well hydrated by sipping water throughout the morning.  Anybody have any thoughts?</p>

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
<p>I've raced at 11:30/noon before and it was a little different. I ate something really small when I got up - maybe a bagel - and then had my normal prerace "breakfast" (which really isn't much) the same amount of time I would normally eat before a race. The key for me was keeping as many things the same as normal despite the time change.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Another way to look at it is as a midday workout session. If you have a "routine" that works for that, you could always just apply it for your race.</p>

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
<p>I've not ever done an afternoon tri, but we have a local 5k series that meets weekly at 6:00 pm.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I just ate a good/nutritious breakfast, and made sure that I had a good/nutritious lunch.</p>
<p>Then, about 90 min before the race I had a small snack to top off the tank, so to speak.</p>
<p>Then, ate dinner.</p>
<p> </p>

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.