Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,<br><br>
Over in the training plan forum, someone is asking if we plan on offering a marathon training plan:<br><br><a href="http://www.kickrunners.com/forum/showthread.php?p=590394#post590394" target="_blank">http://www.kickrunners.com/forum/sho...394#post590394</a><br><br><br>
Seems like we should.

·
Premium Member
8,806 Posts
I'm working on one that I would like to have input on from other marathoners. It's not like it's something that we just put out there. Anyone want to help?

·
Registered
3,814 Posts
Jcumming was to write one.. Never did get it.....<br><br><br>
Oh Canadah!!!! Where oh Where art thou and thine Marathon Training???

·
Premium Member
16,290 Posts
Grizz, i can look at it for you if you want.

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
In my experience with working with marathoners, a one-size fits all plan normally goes by the wayside after a few weeks. The marathon training season is so long (14-20 weeks) and arduous (such as one from one of the familiar authors) that most marathoners must modify for personal and lifestyle demands. Each trainee is different.<br><br>
I hear you though, because the marathon is such a popular event. It makes sense to offer a training plan. IMO, however, the most successful plan is one developed for the individual with input from the runner's past experience.<br><br><br>
That all said, I have a couple marathon templates that I would call "Intermediate Marathoning" and it falls in the weekly mileages of 45-50 and 55-60 miles per week.<br><br>
I'm not sure how comfortable I would be presenting it without interaction with the trainee.

·
Premium Member
8,806 Posts
I think mine was more along the lines of a guideline pinned to a base schedule. Periodized, with things you should be thinking of doing for workouts in each week of a period. You know... this period should consist of LT work... that sort of thing.

·
Premium Member
9,098 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Maybe one of you trainers could respond to that thread that something is in the works, so they don't feel abandoned?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts