Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>The Parsippany 12 Hour race was supposed to be a fund raiser for the Parsippany cross country teams.  Due to budget cuts the funds to the sports teams has dried up significantly in recent times.  Due to a lot of paperwork issues with the Board of Ed and the town the permits came very late and I never had a chance to truly advertise this race.  For that reason I decided to have the event anyway (since now I had the permits and insurance) but make it a self supported race.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The race was for 12 Hours around a high school track.  We had 10 people sign up for the race and 8 runners came out to do some significant mileage.  Top runner got 50 Miles for the men and 44 miles for the ladies.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I want to give a special shout out to Merigayle (the moderator of this thread) for coming out with her family.  I love that husbands and wives along with their kids will get out and do a few miles together (go Zoe, you will rock it at 3 Days at the Fair).</p>
<p> </p>
<p>The weather was a little unseasonably warm and it affected all the runners.  Unfortunately for myself I got over heated in the middle of the day and then again right at the end.  I want to thank all those other runners that provided medical support to me.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>See you out on the trails soon,</p>
<p>Rick</p>

·
Premium Member
16,290 Posts
<p>Thanks for another great race, Rick! We are definitely keeping our eyes for Zoe ro shatter her age group record at 48 hours next year, LOL! it was very very hot and everyone who came out did great and was so friendly. It was worth the drive for us.</p>

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.