Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

Parents of college kids: Care packages?

777 views 22 replies 12 participants last post by  katholeenie 
#1 ·
<p>We sent exam care packages to the boys last week.  The first was a breeze, handled by the residence dining hall service.  The second, not so much.  Still, we thought it was a great idea - let them know we're thinking about them, give them a little something to nosh on while cramming.</p>
<p><br>
What do you do?</p>

Discussion starter · #9 ·
<p>Well we all went to school in town so care packages were Sunday dinners at home. </p>

Discussion starter · #13 ·
<p>I had an apartment 15 minutes walk from campus.  9 o'clock class?  8:40 out of bed, into shower, grab coffee on the way... arrive just in time.  I think that's just about what the boys do from residence.</p>

Discussion starter · #20 ·
<p>My parents came to me out of the blue after I had graduated and been on my own for a while with a gift of money.  They said "We've been helping x and y, and realized that you'd never asked for anything and it wasn't fair."</p>
<p> </p>
<p>I laughed at them and told them to enjoy their money, I was fine.  But I do think that a little token of "love" is a small thing really - we're not helicopter parents.  I look at it as an extension of what I used to do when they first started back to "regular" school.  I'd slip a treat into their lunch bags or a note of encouragement.  Same deal.</p>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.