Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Geo - have a GREAT mini vacation...and I would love a 9:30 pace! (I know, all relative)

Race is in Daytona, Florida 1st weekend in December.

Yo - we have some colors, but not a ton yet, and not sure we'll have super vibrant stuff this year due to the weather.

Was planning on riding outside today, but cold and raw and meh, just not up for those conditions. Plus the dog was up at 4:15 am today for some reason, so my sleep got very messed up. Thought about bailing, but DH said to just get on the trainer...so I did. Not the full session I was suppose to do (1:15), but did get a good 45 min session in. OH! and I am trying a new saddle...a bi-saddle...seems promising...

Yesterday was just 3 mile run, right knee felt fine, but then got stiff later in the day. The trainer session today helped.

topped today off with some apple picking!! Will make applesauce tomorrow.

·
Registered
8,090 Posts
Zoj - what distance is this Dec race? Challenging to keep going with the training mindset, but we are here to support! Sounds like a nice Sat with the apple picking & cooking to follow.

Geo - congrats to your DD’. Is she saying “no more”? Or already thinking about the next one?

I got a OWS in this morning with my club mate. 66F wasn’t bad at all, 3000yd or so with a sleeveless wetsuit. Due to heavy fog we couldn’t see 50 yds in front.. Allen was faster than me, with a bright orange safety bubble, which helped after a halfway once I corrected where I was heading to…. DH (running on trail while I swam) and I had a nice breakfast on our way home. Then tons of “to-do’s” that had been ignored due to being out of town over the past few weekends. Nice to stay put and get things done!

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Yo - it is a sprint distance, so should be fine...with the exception of the swimming. And I messed up, the 50s I thought I was doing, were actually 60s (swim lap math)...so that made me feel better when my daughter pointed that out! lol

so did something to my left knee yesterday trying on pants (of all things). Knee cap moved funny, no pain, but felt pretty gross. then it slipped a few times while we were apple picking...so this morning it is tender and swollen. sigh. ice ice baby...

·
Registered
8,090 Posts
Zoj - oh no! That sounds painful and scary. Please take it super easy and seeing a doc?

Took my Pony to a nearby single track. It was reported it was good to go. It was but kinda soggy and the corner and roots were very slippery, leaves too. So didn’t push too much. Nice day out for sure in the woods! 1:20.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts