Kick Runners banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yo - you amaze me with your double workouts! and the distance for each! keep it up!

I on the other hand feel like I am slowly turning into a slug. Nothing yesterday - was supposed to be a run, but work got in the way at lunch time and with the shorter daylight, I ran out of time to get my run in. Plus the weather was absolute crap. So settled for 10K+ steps which included ~2.5 miles of walking with the pup.

This weekend? Who knows. going to the condo to do some more painting and cleaning this morning - so at least walking with the pup will happen. I will bring my running stuff and see how it goes. Bike is still at LBS...

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Got to agree with Zoj, Yo - You're kicking it with your real workouts!

I took yesterday off as well - was contemplating the Nordic Track, but Friday PM lethargy took over... Watched too much TV instead (Queen's Gambit, Catastrophe, Truth Seekers, and some old Brit one called "Kingdom" which I hadn't heard of - but liked the cast ... also on a streaming channel that I'd never heard of, which was newly available to me via the Fire Stick - which is pretty sweet!).

Today went out for a local 40 that stretched out to a local 50+ ... wanted to make that last required ride shorter (48 seems so much less than 59!). Hopefully get that in tomorrow to officially complete the 5K streak. Other than that - washed the dog, as I think he got in some swampy muck yesterday when he ran off into the woods. Even worse, I think he may have devoured a chipmunk or two, because there was a lot of hairy with unidentifiable bits throw-up in his room and he moped around the house feeling very sorry for himself. Serves him right... :) At least it was better than the time he gorged on the deer carcass (not much - but a bit). Anywhoo ... he's back to being a domesticated couch potato after his bath...

Oh - and DD ran an unofficial half with a couple of friends. Sent some nice pics of Washington...

Geo.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Yo and Zo for the push-up challenge! Yay I am currently doing 1 set of 5 a day on an incline, I think I will work it up to 10 and then start reducing the incline before trying to increase the reps with the Jan 1 week goal!

I am sulking at the moment, its blowing and snowing out. During an online conference yesterday, at the start of the storm, my "make up" wood was dumped in the middle of the driveway so I then spent a bunch of time stacking @ 2 cords while moderating a panel over blue tooth noise cancelling headphones... I think we made a big mistake in ordering wood this year. SO liked the idea of already split wood, many folks here deliver it bucked but not split. The people doing it had a new machine that bucks and splits, they are heavy machinery contractors. SO they had the great idea to use the machine to cut up wood they were paid to clear and then sell it. They also had someone to use it who in the end was not available. SO instead it appears they rush to use it when other emergencies occur and they need cash. We ordered 8 cords got 5-6 cords but the problem is the sizes are all over the place from 5 inches long to 25 inches (only up to 19 will fit in the stove and we ordered 16 inch). Lots of tiny logs unsplit or sort of chewed up or splintered, lots of green wood, a lifetime's supply of kindling then lots of huge logs only 1/2ed I will have to split later. Well and then we ordered in June and received it in November so no time for it to dry and cure or time to stack. The regular wood sellers seem to focus on firewood, felling dead trees that are of a fairly standard size and bucking it all to 16 inches. Our folks were sorry and brought more but its tough to stack and deal with all the random sizes in a blizzard. I tried to sort out the really green ones but will have to keep an eye on it 9there were fresh green needles on some and the under bark is green) there were also rotten chunks and cores, again because the trees were selected to clear an area not as firewood...and so it goes.

Other than stacking that wood and tarping it not much exercise but I did have to run upstairs every 20 minutes for the next "track" then run back out. And this is why I am pouting today will be little better, organize all the stuff we threw in the barn and start replacing the bad ep liner with the new one. Have been in touch with a number of new EP owners having issues, its discouraging but my EP contact is doing a good job of connecting me with support so I am hoping this will be the last round and perhaps it will be ready in a month??

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Zoj - good luck with cleaning the condo!

Geo - hope you can get some solid miles tomorrow to reach 5k!

Met up some friends who were camping this weekend to ride singletrack trail. I didn’t have much leg strength from the start. Yeah maybe I did too much yesterday. I bailed after two trails as they went on finishing the all four trails. I hiked one of the trails after I finished riding. Then had a good time around campfire. We were thinking to camp out but after learning 100% chance of rain was expected we decided not to.

·
Registered
7,893 Posts
Started with a 2-mile walk with DH. Relaxed Sunday morning doing nothing. Then as I got antsy to get something done, I nagged DH to install two new garage light fixtures that were sitting in the garage for like 5yrs.... done in cold windy night...

Tomorrow driving DD to an airport 2,5hrs away (much cheaper ticket), flying to Japan for 5 weeks. Proud of her independent mindset. She must have gotten from someone. 🙂.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Well I managed to cut one big toe Friday and the other Saturday (didn't feel the cut Friday, foot too cold, Saturday discovered some broken glass caught in the bath mat from when SO broke a light bulb).
Not much workout to top it off I got on the trainer only to have the resistance unit blow apart (into 2 pieces) near the end of 45 minutes. I think its only 3 years old but its a Tacx (bought by Garmin) so I am sure I am sol on support..

I glued together the cut on my right toe, which happens to be where i have a huge callus. And today the first good snow shoe day with a good foot+ total and at least 10 inches already from the storm and still snowing. I took a very short run and turns with the skis and then @ 5 miles on snow shoes. Then i had yoga wall class, this week at night instead of the am, of course he concentrated on legs mine hate me after all that but my back feels better. Yay its true winter with all the snow play to come!

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Man, SB - I have a hard enough time stacking two cords cut to size (and that's without the blizzards!). I feel your pain. Doesn't sound like you'll be using them again ... Glad your Sunday was a snow-filled-play exercise success though. Thinking of picking up a new pair of x-country skis to join in the fun. My current are 20+ years old, with a split tail and falling apart boots...

Good for DD heading overseas, Yo! I'm sure in some ways it must feel relieving to have her some place safer ... Is she just visiting your parents, or is she working again (I seem to remember having a job in some capacity a school or something? Perhaps just imagining).

And yes - got the 50+ miles to squeak over the 5K mark. A mid-40's day that felt a bit warmer - still plenty of people out and about in the beach area...

geo

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
Man, SB - I have a hard enough time stacking two cords cut to size (and that's without the blizzards!). I feel your pain. Doesn't sound like you'll be using them again ... Glad your Sunday was a snow-filled-play exercise success though. Thinking of picking up a new pair of x-country skis to join in the fun. My current are 20+ years old, with a split tail and falling apart boots...

Good for DD heading overseas, Yo! I'm sure in some ways it must feel relieving to have her some place safer ... Is she just visiting your parents, or is she working again (I seem to remember having a job in some capacity a school or something? Perhaps just imagining).

And yes - got the 50+ miles to squeak over the 5K mark. A mid-40's day that felt a bit warmer - still plenty of people out and about in the beach area...

geo
going back a bit here but just wanted to urge you to get the skis as manufacturers are selling out with people gearing up for another covid winter..I stopped by the shop in Jackson this week and htye had only a few pairs of their entire season allotment left.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts