Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi gang!
Thursday was spent walking around Boston with DD - 20K+ steps - oof! but this leaves one more trip in this weekend for the remainder of her stuff from her apartment. Now to light a fire under her butt to get the word out for someone to take over her lease.

Friday - BRICK #2. 45 min on the trainer then ~1.4 mile run...felt pretty good during the run, despite the rainy/windy conditions.

Today's plan was to head to the pool this morning, but not feeling it. we'll see.

Yo - I've had same experience as you with pain in my leg, but not while working out. Mine was/is associated with nerve impingement at the canal opening in my hips. This can also be referred pain from your back (just cuz your back doesn't bother you, doesn't mean it isn't the one causing the problem)...active stretching, foam rolling and dynamic warmups should help. Let me know if you need any exercises...I have a ton! lol

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
SB - pelvic tilt wnile pulling core into the back is what my Dr suggested to do. Simple as is but appears to be important work. Hope your steroid helps!

Zoj - hope you can find a sub leaser quickly! And good job on brick! Not an easy thing to do when the entire triathlon world is in recovery/rebuilding mode…. And about back. I got good amount of stretches from Doc and googling sciatica exercises and appear to be helping.. the leg pain was not noticeable just a bit pain on knee and hip here and there. Phew looks like I’m well into a mend.

5.3miles run with DH in the in-laws neighborhood. We encountered some sleet, freezing rain and tiny hails. Then yard work and putting things away for parents.

·
Registered
4,026 Posts
Agreed - nice job on the brick, Zoj! And thanks for the breathing video, SB. Lord knows I spend enough time in the chair (probably even more in Covid - because at work you roam around every now and then to break up the work day!). Lord knows my posture probably isn't great. Maybe a harder/flatter chair would be better than office on for keeping a straighter back ... or at least mixing it up.

Another Bagelry ride morning - this one a bit eventful. Even though temps were in the upper 30's/low-40's, a couple of riders took a spill early in the ride crossing a wooden railroad trestle ... just icy enough to be a bit slick. No serious injuries, but boy - they are probably going to have good bruises tomorrow. And then later we had a few sections of really not good back-country dirt/mud/puddles. Not the route to be doing the day after heavy rain! But gang is always up for an adventure - so beside one guy with a busted spoke when a stick lodged itself in his wheel - we made it through both sections safely (but a bit muddier for the experience). Had to wash my precious when I got back, then took it to the shop to get a new bottom bracket put in to make up for it :) Certainly will be a ride to remember if that's the last of the season!

Apparently they are adding a Tokyo-type extension to the map as well. I've got to say - it still is the most entertaining indoor exercise!

geo

·
Registered
2,591 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Interesting video SB - I work on belly breathing and oblique strengthening through breathing (from my PT as well) - but those exercises don't matter if I am sitting or standing...good luck with them!

Nothing today but a trip into Boston for the last bit from DD's apartment. Now to get her to list it!

·
Registered
8,130 Posts
Geo - man, those wet slimy wooden bridges are so dangerous! I wiped out once and hit my head hard. Hope all is well with the rider and your bike, too!

Zoj - hope the apartment situation gets worked out well soon.

Nothing other than walking about 3 miles with DH on a bike trail near the in-law’s under rain/snow mix. Nice fresh air after working indoor facing laptop all morning. Dropped off DH at a train station (heading to Chicago for biz trip, a bonus is to see DS!) and I drove back home by myself. It will be quiet here for a week…..

1 - 5 of 5 Posts