Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Huge drop on the temp…. 2mile walk to Pharmacy in the morning. Wanted to go a swim but a bit of head cold kept me in bed at 6:30am. Did 1-hr NYC ballet workout in the basement instead.
Now kinda snowing. Time is coming.

Tomorrow is my mom’s 80th birthday! (Tonight I guess in US time)

·
Registered
4,204 Posts
Was still warm for the day on Saturday; drop came on Sunday for us. Ended up Zwifting both days - one with fits and starts ... 3 rides totalling about 20 miles on Saturday, and one successful event completion of the Makuri Island "stage" for 20 miles on Sunday. Ended up buying an old (but unused) Apple TV box on FB marketplace for $25 to see if that works a bit better with Zwift. Still blipped during today's ride (so I was riding alone for about 5 miles) - but did not drop/hang, so perhaps more promising than running it on the laptop (although doesn't look as nice). Bonus is that because the old but new Apple TV hadn't been used, ended up getting 3 months free subscription to Apple TV programming as well. Hopefully Ted Lasso comes out before it expires :)

Happy Birthday mom!

·
Registered
8,411 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like you found a deal Geo! Hope it works better than the current equipment. And thx for my mom’s birthday wish! She isn’t in as good shape as my dad, but still enjoying gardening every days for hours.

A GIRLBIKERS group ride today before a the local Mtb bike association fundraiser outing. A fun time in the woods! Temp wasn’t toobad at around 40F/30F with wind. Followed immediately by, a nice drink and burger and lots of chatting and laughing with a whole bunch of MTBers!

·
Registered
1,662 Posts
The weekend whizzed by! Yo HBD to your mom. My mom keeps calling from the east coast to complain that it's too warm there.
I had two cleaners come on Friday to try cleaning the house, haven't had that since I moved here but it ended up requiring a lot of attention on my part..we'll see if its worth it.
I went out on snowshoes sat and sun there's enough snow above to ski but the sage brush sticks up between here and the upper area so I'd need to come up wiht a way to carry my skis up so just sticking to snow shoes for now. It was cold, very cold sunday I had to jog on the snowshoes to warm up my feet.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts