Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<p>NJ Ultra Festival will take place on March 19, 2011.  There will be races of Marathon, 50K, 50M, 100K and 100M.  The course is flat and fast.  You can expect a PR against any other trail race of the same distance.  I'd almost consider it a road course.  It is an old rail road bed turned into a trail.  It is about 10 feet wide, small crushed gravel for the footing and straight as can be.  You run along a peaceful stream, by horse and cow farms for the majority of the course.<br><br>
Race Headquarters is Ort Farms which we will be renting and using for camping as well.  There will be a pre race meal at the Church across the street on Friday night and then brunch at the Long Valley Brewpub on Sunday.<br><br>
For more info check out <a href="http://njtrailseries.com/njultrafestival" target="_blank">HERE</a></p>

·
Registered
328 Posts
<p>Is this the first year for this race or has it been around for a while?  If it is not the first year anyone run this that could tell us about it a little?</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Marc</p>

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
<p>I did the race last year as a Fat Ass effort and we had a great time.  The county though got wind of the event and I needed to get permits this year.  Once I had to get the permits, insurance and make it official I decided to make it a full event.</p>
<p> </p>
<p><a href="http://njtrailseries.com/nj100" target="_blank">Here</a> are the results from last year.</p>

·
Registered
89 Posts
<p>I'm expecting/hoping to run this one.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Expecting because I'm going to try to get into Umstead which probably won't happen.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Hoping because if I don't get into Umstead the other scheduling issue I'd have is that I might be in Italy that weekend, but I'm hoping not to be, so that would mean heading down for the race.</p>
<p> </p>
<p>Never run over 50 miles yet, this'd be the first.</p>

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.