Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
<span style="font-family:'Times New Roman';"><span style="font-size:medium;">Nighttime runners</span></span><br><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="font-family:'Times New Roman';">If this hasn’t been discussed yet…here’s something you might want to do...I’m planning on doing it tomorrow night (20 Feb). There’s a total lunar eclipse for North America that starts at 8:43pm EST. If it’s clear here I think I’m going to run through it.</span></span><br><br><span style="font-family:'Times New Roman';"><span style="font-size:medium;">Dan</span></span>

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
I'll be driving back from a rehearsal. That should prove to be fun.<br>
What time's the moon supposed to rise?<br><br>
I'll be headed east...will the moon be in front of me or behind me at that time?

·
Registered
55 Posts
That sounds cool, but waaaaay too cold. The day's high is 7F, which is cold enough already. I don't brave the temps the darkness will bring. Another bike ride on the rollers for me!

·
Registered
3,491 Posts
At IMFL in 03 we had a total lunar eclipse. I was running my marathon and watching the moon. Probably the coolest running moment in my life. Having it happen on a super clear night at my first IM, priceless.<br><br>
CS

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
<span style="font-family:'Courier New';"><span style="font-size:medium;">Moonrise here in RI tomorrow is just a couple minutes after 5:00pm in the ENE. But the eclipse doesn’t begin until 8:43pm and ends at 12:09am (21 Feb). At the start of the eclipse the moon will be at about 45-degrees above the horizon in the ESE. Schedule for your time zone can be found at this link.</span></span><br><a href="http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/LEmono/TLE2008Feb21/TLE2008Feb21.html" target="_blank"><span style="font-family:'Courier New';"><span style="font-size:medium;"><span style="color:#800080;">http://sunearth.gsfc.nasa.gov/eclipse/LEmono/TLE2008Feb21/TLE2008Feb21.html</span></span></span></a><br><br><span style="font-family:'Courier New';"><span style="font-size:medium;">Dan</span></span>

·
Registered
7,464 Posts
There was a meteor in the eastern sky this morning when BD was out on his run. He said he was too focused to see it.

·
Registered
8,481 Posts
Very cool!<br>
I'll be on the road driving, able to glance and watch,...provided we don't have clouds.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts