Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

Montreal Kicksters..... & Active/CR refugees

216K views 6K replies 27 participants last post by  wilhughson 
Was trying to find my way out of Old-Mtl last night, getting lost in the one-ways... Saw a guy running, dressed + shaped like a tri. Booom. In and out of the fog on a blink. Gotta get up from this ditch.

Went running for lunch (from Musée Pointe-à-Caillère to Victoria and back). 31mn x 2. After over 45 days of procrastination. Ayoye. Bring on the punishment, master. I deserve it.<br>
Mars: Charly just did Kili with his 2 daughters !! Aconca here <span style="text-decoration:underline;">WE</span> (?) come.

Merc... Roman hands & Russian fingers (?) No clue, but don't wanna know.<br>
Sally... Whole Chops family is sick. Saturday night in jeopardy, being ferociously anti-antibiotic and having time to spare at home. Have a hell of a time....

... Next thing you know, you'll be hunting for a "life coach". Whole unit, man ! An ostheo once told me my occasional knee pain could be related to mis-aligned jaws. I offered him my best Shane Macgowan smile. Be septic, like a tank.

My month-old beard disappeared yesterday, family induced pressure... Chops came back for... 10 minutes. Baby went out of her lungs. Chops got chopped. Man, its a cold-cold world this morning.... Once, we were kings.

A quick last run before snow storm. Old-Mtl to Sherbrooke to Westmount & back. Bad-bad footing. No fun.<br>
Adirondacks... snowshoes... crampons... hiking up a mountain... time has come... who might be interested ?

Gro + Truxx: February 09-10 looks splendid to me ! Early Saturday morning departure for late Saturday night return. I'll draft something fun. Anybody else interested in the joyride ? <span style="font-size:xx-small;">Roly is a wee-wee... roly is a wee-wee...</span>

<b>Gro (sr) + Gro (jr) + Truxx + ??</b>: It could be cold up there. Think light, dry, hot thru layering. Take good care of your extremities (fingers, toes, head). A backpack. Finger foods & fluids (1.5 litre max) for a day.<br><br>
You HAVE (ADK regulations) to bring snowshoes. Take climbing ones (bigger claws). I would strongly suggest you bring a pair of crampons along. Many outdoor stores are renting (La Cordée, MEC...). If you rent, bring the shoes you intend to use (for fit). You might also rent shoes (beware blisters !!). Questions ?

Truxx: Forget about your spiked running shoes, man !! Here's a clothing list:<br>
-winter hiking boots<br>
-heavy socks<br>
-double-layer pants with wind & waterproof shell (could be ski pants)<br>
-triple-layer top (underwear + wool or polar pullover + wind & waterproof shell)<br>
-Tuque & mitts (much better than gloves)

For the last couple of days, I keep on watching that thing:<br><br><a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDx1BG1bxgE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rDx1BG1bxgE</a><br><br>
Its Ryan Hall training at 7000'. Amazing scenery. Amazing fluidity of form and pace. Just remove the sound if (like me) you can't stand his religious bla-bla. Just watch him and check his time per mile.<br><br>
Nota Bene: check his HM time + where his feet are landing (under him) + how fast his cadence

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.