Runners Forum - Kick Runners banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
8,911 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good morning, Y'all LITers!

Reg: No kidding on the heat on Saturday. That was just brutal. I was out running in the woods in the morning. I sweat so much that my shorts were falling off of me because they were so heavy with water! Really sapping. My buds all bailed halfway through.

Cak: Congratulations on placement!

LRR: Okto-fest! :)

x: Nice job. IMFL here you come!

Weekend Recap...

Saturday: 17 mile trail run with two others in 2:40 time. Was stoopid Hazy, Hot, and Humid. Felt okay considering. Buds dropped after 10 miles, as it really was very humid and draining. I had the get out of kid duty card for another two hours, so I stayed on the trail for some more fun.

Sunday: 7 mile run pushing the boy in the jog stroller. We saw at least 10 doggies and sang our ABC's.

Monday: 4 mile run. Definitely getting my legs back, as I was able to run on top of my feet yet again, this being at least three runs in the last 7 days.

Great day, friends!

·
Registered
5,306 Posts
Cak!
Julie!
Thor - loved the Fenway pics.
AK Mike - loved the sailing pics, looked like a perfect lake day.
X - 8 weeks out? Really, really looking forward to watching your race unfold.
AdCo - nice work!

Still not 100%, maybe 80%? Went in for a repeat X-ray this morning, won't know results for a couple of days. Still coughing, but getting more sleep so that's helpful. Double dose of antibiotics and an extended dose, so my gut is a mess. Been walking a mile per day at a slow 'pace.' I now fully accept that my return to working out will be a very long process.

Take a deep breath today, peeps!

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
Great job Cak!!

All of our heat and humidity must have moved on to everyone else. It's been nice and cool here since Saturday morning. I was actually chilled at the beginning of the ride on Saturday, but it was more bearable than the humidity we had the weekend before.

Late shift at work for me this week, so that means all workouts will be done in the mornings.

3400yd swim to start:
400 warm up,
300 drill,
300 kick,
6x100 base intervals,
7x200 threshold intervals,
400 cool down.

A quick rinse off and threw on my running clothes before I was even dry, to head out for 6 miles with 6x4:00 mid Z3 intervals on 1:00 recovery jog.

Have a great day!

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
short run at lunch...2.7 miles...felt like much longer...legs were toast from yesterday's ride (which went surprisingly well!)

Nice job Cake!

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
CAK!
JULIE!

My PEEPS!!

DOR for me today recovering from yesterday's 20 mile run and huffing :))) the spray sealer on the magnets I helped make for Reach the Beach this weekend for the Running Peeps teams. NH Peeps look for the Running Peeps vans in your neighborhoods. We'll be the well fed group. :)

·
Registered
798 Posts
Sparty, make sure you take it easy!

Workout today was a very easy, relaxed 6K. By the end I was starting to feel good again! Happy Monday, everyone!

·
Registered
7,933 Posts
Some great races this past weekend! Looking forward to hearing more about them!

Busy day with off site mtg. Of course I had to take my Mtb to hit one of the singletracks on my way home. Which is this Sunday's race course. I haven't decided to do the race on Sunday or 46-miles triple trail challenge (not a race) on Sat. Depends on the kids' schedule. I would bd ready to race if that is what works for the family. Anyway, 1:20 on a great singletrack!!

I was about to fall off my chair when DH told me he was taking DS to a flower shopping - he will be asking for a girl for a homecoming date..tomorrow.. Yikes. I'm not ready for this

·
Registered
3,892 Posts
MQ - Totally forgot about RTB upcoming. Hope you have a great prep week - and lots of fun...

Yoshi - Just wait until they're in college - and you have no idea what they're doing. Think it's pretty cool your son is okay with your dad taking him shopping for the big date....

Short commute for me (27 miles R/T) - due to unexpected hiccups in the day. Wildlife sighting was a gopher/woodchuck (difference?) waddling across my path about 50 feet down the dirt driveway. I think I caught him unawares!

Geo.

·
Registered
2,936 Posts
Not much going with me. It is too easy now to find other things to do instead of working out. I need a new event to focus on but I'm not sure what that is yet. I have a big work event coming up next spring but I don't have any details/dates/locations yet so I can't really do any advance research on that yet.

I did swim for 35' on Saturday and ran for 35' on Sunday.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
Thanks, everyone!
Been feeling too lazy to even lurk last week.

Sparty...hope you're feeling better!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts